We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need travel advise: 2 days for chobe safari

Which Kasane hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Zurich, Switzerland
Level Contributor
4 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Need travel advise: 2 days for chobe safari

At the end of Sep. 2009 after Victoria Falls, we want to go for a two days safari somewhere in Chobe. Chobe game lodge seems out of price (requesting over 1000 Euros pp) while Elephant valley while more reasonable is on tents (we are reluctant for comfort on tents)

Chobe safari lodge with an all inclusive price of 489 USD pp including transfers from/to Victoria Falls, sounds much more reasonable, but is it really worth it and comfortable enough?

Anyone stayed there? Impressions? Alternatives?

Thank you so much

BC
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Need travel advise: 2 days for chobe safari

I stayed at Chobe safari lodge in Feb/09 and was very happy there. It wasn't crowded,the room,food and staff were very good. I paid for a private boat trip in early am and took a shared safari in afternoon. Because I had paid the park fee in am,the safari was a real bargain and we saw lots of animals. I too was coming from Victoria Falls,Zambia side. I can't really say about the cost as I paid separately,but it was very good value compared to other safaris etc. I've been on. The residents of Botswana were very warm and welcoming. They worry about the animals,not the people there(as in crime),which I thought was refreshing.A very positive experience overall.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
113 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need travel advise: 2 days for chobe safari

I was there in mid August. We stayed in the Chobe Marina Lodge. It was very nice, safe and comfortable and a lot more reasonable than some places.. We had a huge room with a living room, dining area , kitchen etc. separate bedroom and bath Boat safaris and game drives were included and very nice. We saw lots of animals. Staff was nice.

3. Re: Need travel advise: 2 days for chobe safari

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, March 06, 2010