We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Yotau??

washington, dc
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Hotel Yotau??

Has anyone stayed there lately? Only one review, & it's baaaad. My Bolivian friends (he travels worldwide) say it's 5-stars & that it's great.

Omaha, NE
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Yotau??

The poster comes across as a whacko in some ways. I will be staying there on RCI exchange next month and it is highly recommended.

washington, dc
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Yotau??

Wacko? Each to his own... I stayed there off & on throughout April, put in 4 diff suites. They were usually lovely, but not 5-star. 3-star, maybe 3-1/2. No hotel directory in room tho requested several diff times. Mold in bathrooms of each suite I stayed & sometimes bath mats for face towels; heard everything from next door; kitchen in most suites, but none had glasses or plates, ashtrays but no matches. Best things: terrific staff & on-call manicurist. Her name is Irma, & it's the best mani-pedi I've ever had -- for under $10.

Santa Cruz, Bolivia
Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Yotau??

I live here and have been to the Yotau many times. There is some truth to what both posters said. It's a beautiful hotel, located in a posh area of town and is considered a 5-star hotel. You'll probably have no problem. The thing is, it sometimes isn't as organized as it could be - it underwent changes in owners and managers and it's taken some time to get things up to par (and there are things that need getting up to par). However, I was there just a few days ago and things looked really nice! If you ever have any trouble with any of the rooms, you can just tell the staff. They usually bend over backward to accommodate their visitors. Even if the hotel is not perfect (I've never yet been to a perfect hotel) the staff is really nice.

4. Re: Hotel Yotau??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, September 24, 2009