We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Copacabana to puno?

Chicago, Illinois
4 posts
Save Topic
Copacabana to puno?

I heard the boats come back from la isla del sol to copacabana at 6pm? if so, is it possible to find a bus from copacabana to puno after this?

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
2,824 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Copacabana to puno?

Ma B unless it has changed recently I would say the 6pm is a little out. I think you will find they return at about 4.30pm-5pm. What time buses leave for Puno I can't help you I am afraid.

London
Level Contributor
2,580 posts
279 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Copacabana to puno?

We returned at around 17.00 from our boat trip. From what I recall most buses to La Paz and Puno seemed to leave in the morning and early afternoon. I doubt you would get a bus that late and, even if you could, I am not sure crossing the border in the dark is a great idea!

East Brunswick, New...
Level Contributor
137 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Copacabana to puno?

My boat three weeks ago left Isla del Sol at 4pm, if I remember. Maybe 75+ minutes back. I think the last bus to Puno is at 4pm. No way you want to be walking across the border after dark, even if there is someone on the Bolivia side to process you.

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
49 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Copacabana to puno?

Its not that dangerous??! It's only about 20 meters and if you are not alone it would be fine! I'm pretty sure there is a 6pm bus to Puno, the border is 10 minutes up the road - plus 1. If a bus company is leaving at 6pm the border will of course be open as the company wouldn't be going otherwise. 2. The buses are usually packed so you will be walking over the border with a bus load of people.

London, United...
Level Contributor
211 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Copacabana to puno?

our boat docked at 5.30pm tonight. a 6pm bus would be tight, but if you could ask them to keep your bag for you, it could be workable.

you will cross the border with 40 people from your bus before 6.30 pm, with only your hand luggage. there may or may not be a very large market going on, so pay attention to your pockets.

trick to remember--on the peruvian side, you have to go to immigration, fill in the long form, then go to the police (next door) and then possibly back to immigration. pain in the butt.

6. Re: Copacabana to puno?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, September 11, 2015