We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

old Jewish area tour guides?

The UK
Level Contributor
228 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
old Jewish area tour guides?

Hi,

can anyone pls tell me, if there are recognised guides whom I can book a half or whole day with, to tour the old Jewish parts of Vitebsk? I've not been to Belarus before so wouldn't really know where to start. Also, anyone got a rough idea how much it might cost for half and for a whole day's tour? I'm thinking of a tour guide with a car, similar to a cab driver but with the experience of being a guide and not just a driver.

Thanks for your help

Montreal
Level Contributor
212 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: old Jewish area tour guides?

Hello ClassicBee!

I am sorry to say that being Jewish and lived in Vitebsk for 19 years I cannot realy help you. I live in Canada but my family is in Vitebsk. My brother has a very good conections with Vitebsk Juwish comunity, so if you really need help just let me know the detailes of your trip and your questions. I will transfer all this to my brother and hope he would be able to help you to make it as easy as possible.

You can right me on m_ushenka@yahoo.com

All the best!

Minsk
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: old Jewish area tour guides?

Hi there,

as far as i know www.ncg.by.ru provides their clients with the services not only in Minsk. Contact them to know the detailes.

www.ncg.by.ru

New YOrk
Level Contributor
2 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: old Jewish area tour guides?

Are you still interested in visiting the Jewish area of Vitsbsk? I cna help you.

4. Re: old Jewish area tour guides?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:18 pm, September 08, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Vitebsk