We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in late september

Which St. Wolfgang hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
ME
Level Contributor
2 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Weather in late september

Hi every one

I am planning to visit Vienna, Salzburg and st.wolfgang in late September, just wondering how the weather would be .. I want to walk around and enjoy the views and sun more than indoor activities . is there gloomy during late September?

Some people recommended this is better I visit Spain or Italy in that date, I would be grateful if let me know your idea?

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,328 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in late september

Remember---you are in the mountains here so be prepared and wear layers. The days can often be warm and sunny but the nights will start to turn cold.It can rain often. The big plus is that the autumn colours are truly magnificent.It's my favourite time of year here.If however you are looking for long hot sunny days---they cannot be guaranteed

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna, Austria, Innsbruck
Level Contributor
20,507 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in late september

Weather logically isn't predictable, so you need to expect anything between 10 and 25°C, sunshine or rain are both possible.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Province of Trento
Level Contributor
4,011 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in late september

Hi,

We visited Salzburg, etc. In late Sept. once and early to mid October 4 times. In my opinion, there's no better time of year to visit. We experienced warm days and cool to chilly nights in general. On all our 5 trips, I believe there was 2 or 3 rain days total. Most days were clear, but had a couple with a passing shower. Never know about future weather, but I wouldn't have any concerns at this time of year.

Paul

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Austria
Level Contributor
16,415 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in late september

i go to st gilgen every september/october and have always had great weather. usually quite warm during the day and occasionally e storms at night. but weather is unpredictable, and nobody can forecast that far in advance. just be prepared for anything.

Edited: 3:47 pm, May 03, 2014
Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Austria
Level Contributor
16,415 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather in late september

i go to st gilgen every september/october and have always had great weather. usually quite warm during the day and occasionally e storms at night. but weather is unpredictable, and nobody can forecast that far in advance. just be prepared for anything.

Edited: 3:48 pm, May 03, 2014
6. Re: Weather in late september

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 3:48 pm, May 03, 2014
Edited: 3:48 pm, May 03, 2014
ME
Level Contributor
2 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather in late september

Thanks all for great advises and glad to read your experiences those are really helpful for me

Edited: 3:55 pm, May 03, 2014
8. Re: Weather in late september

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, May 05, 2015
Get answers to your questions about St. Wolfgang