We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation from Minneapolis to Albertville Premium outle

Which Albertville hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Scotland
Level Contributor
3 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Transportation from Minneapolis to Albertville Premium outle

Hi

Does anyone know how to get from Minneapolis (or Mall of America) area to the Premium Outlets in Albertville?

We are visiting from overseas and won't have a rental car.

We normally use the metro transit to get around but they don't go to Albertville.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
1,557 posts
1,022 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation from Minneapolis to Albertville Premium outle

It's about an hour from the MOA to Albertville. You should rent a car it's an easy drive from MOA. Go West on I494, it changes to North 494 to West I94 and exit 202 to Albertville. A straight shot easy drive, but long. As far as I know you can only get there by car. Watch your speed there is a large State Patrol presence on this route.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
16,775 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation from Minneapolis to Albertville Premium outle

Since you said you won't have a rental car, your options will likely be more costly. But, there is SuperShuttle and some hotels offer shuttle packages. See the outlet mall page here:

premiumoutlets.com/outlets/directions.asp…

Everett, Washington
Level Contributor
2,381 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transportation from Minneapolis to Albertville Premium outle

The Northstar Commuter Rail service has a station at Elk River that is less than 10 miles to Albertville. Perhaps riding train from downtown Minneapolis (or Mall of Amerca to downtown via Hiawatha Light Rail) to Elk River and taking a taxi from there could be an option. I am really surprised the outlet mall has not set up a scheduled shuttle that matches the train schedule. Ride from Mpls is $5.50 weekday or $4.00 weekends each way and takes about 40 minutes.

Scotland
Level Contributor
3 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transportation from Minneapolis to Albertville Premium outle

Thanks for all the replies so far.

I've emailed Super Shuttle for some info and I'm awaiting their reply.

The Northstar Commuter Rail sounds like a possibility.

I'm familiar with the light rail to get downtown so thats no problem.

I'll check this out.

Minneapolis
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis
Level Contributor
3,638 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transportation from Minneapolis to Albertville Premium outle

the rail might get you close, but if you are buying alot of stuff, you might appreciate a rental car trunk to haul your purchases.

if you do rent, consider taking light rail to downtown Minneapolis. there are many car rent places on the street by the Hilton. if you rent downtown, you'll bypass a large percent of the airport taxes tacked on to airport location rentals - they add up significantly.

you might get a $23/night rental, after tax - for the day

6. Re: Transportation from Minneapolis to Albertville Premium outle

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 am, July 19, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Albertville