We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Construction on Walton

Which Auburn Hills hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
53 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Construction on Walton

Hello

Last time my husband was in Auburn Hills about a month ago he mentioned that there was construction on Walton (west of Opdyke I believe). I was just wondering if anyone knew how long this project is expected to last?

Thanks

Rochester Hills...
Level Contributor
563 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Construction on Walton

This is going to be an extremely long project seeing as they are replacing the entire bridge over I-75. If memory seres me right it will be late this year/spring 2009 that they are expected to be complete. Definitely seek another route

Detroit, MI
Destination Expert
for Detroit, Travel Gadgets and Gear
Level Contributor
6,626 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Construction on Walton

Currently Walton does not exist over I-75 as the bridge has been taken down. It is closed between Squirrel and Opdyke, except for local traffic. Just drop down to University to cross I-75 - not a major headache.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
53 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Construction on Walton

Thanks for the info - I'd much rather head out prepared than find out when I get there.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
53 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Construction on Walton

I was hoping someone could provide an update...

My husband's co-workers are telling him that there is now construction on I-75 and getting to all the restaurants near Great Lakes Crossing was a nightmare.

Is it possible to drive (west?) on Walton from Opdyke to get to either Jocelyn or Baldwin to get to the restaurants near the mall?

Thanks

Detroit, MI
Destination Expert
for Detroit, Travel Gadgets and Gear
Level Contributor
6,626 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Construction on Walton

Yes - you can take Walton west to Jocelyn and Baldwin north. The signs in the area to GLC actually point you this way instead of on I-75. I-75 is down a lane through much of that stretch for construction. At rush hour it may be an issue, but when I drive it around lunch time you can still move at 70 mph+

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
53 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Construction on Walton

Thanks for the info! I just wanted to make sure the construction on Walton won't be an issue when heading that direction :-)

7. Re: Construction on Walton

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 pm, September 29, 2009