We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Senior citizens considering move to Ann Arbor area

Which Ann Arbor hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Rome, Italy
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Senior citizens considering move to Ann Arbor area

I am an American, planning to retire from teaching in a year or two. I grew up in Toledo, Ohio but have been living in Italy most of my life and my husband is Italian. We are thinking of returning to the USA when I retire. I would appreciate any suggestions, ideas, comments which could help us in making this decision.We would go for a" test year" first, of course. Thank you ,Christine

Ann Arbor, MI
Destination Expert
for Michigan, Ann Arbor
Level Contributor
2,139 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Senior citizens considering move to Ann Arbor area

Hi,

You would be in good company, choosing to retire to Ann Arbor. There have been several news stories in the past few years about Ann Arbor being a good retirement destination and the people who are retiring here. Here's just one article, but there are many:

…cnn.com/galleries/…11.html

Are you familiar with the University Commons 55+ community? They are connected to the University of Michigan and look like an excellent home-base for enjoying a full and fun retirement in Ann Arbor. They would likely be a good resource to point you in the right direction for a lot of information about retiring in Ann Arbor.

http://www.universitycommons.org/index.htm

2. Re: Senior citizens considering move to Ann Arbor area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, June 12, 2014