We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

one Saturday in Ann Arbor: what to do?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,852 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
one Saturday in Ann Arbor: what to do?

I will be in Ann Arbor this weekend, and would like suggestions on recommended "things to do" on Saturday during the day. Friday and Saturday nights are already covered. We'll be a group ranging in age from 17 to 80....yes, we are willing to split up to accomodate everyone's interests! I am particularly interested in comments on the Nicholson (sp?) Arboretum. Thanks in advance!

Ann Arbor, Michigan
Level Contributor
670 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: one Saturday in Ann Arbor: what to do?

Nichols Arboretum is a great place to do some walking, though it won't take all day. If you've got nature-lovers in the group they might enjoy combining the Arb with a trip to the Farmers' Market and/or the Matthei Botanical Gardens.

If you've got art lovers in the group, the University of Michigan Art Museum re-opened this spring after installing a major addition.

Shopping downtown is always an option.

An eating tour through downtown would be another fine choice.

Golf? Biking? Canoeing or Kayaking? Definitely lots of options!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,852 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: one Saturday in Ann Arbor: what to do?

Great ideas! I suspect we will have an "arboretum/farmers market" group, and perhaps also an art group. Thanks so much for your suggestions.

ann arbor
Level Contributor
12 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: one Saturday in Ann Arbor: what to do?

Nichols Arboretum is beautiful and easily navigatable. I hike there 2-3x a week and its lovely.

Its not like a botanical gardens and does require walking through woods etc...dont know if that is what you are looking for.

The farmers market at Kerrytown (downtown) is so great on Saturday and it is by cafes, restaurants and Kerrytown (which is a little mall full of independent shops).

The UofM Museum of Art has recently been expanded (State Street) and the natural History Museum has dinosaur bones and a quaint planetarium show that I believe they do daily.

There is a football game Saturday, so traffic will be heavy during some periods of the day.

4. Re: one Saturday in Ann Arbor: what to do?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, March 04, 2010