We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant for 60th Wedding Anniversary

Breckenridge, CO
Level Contributor
893 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant for 60th Wedding Anniversary

My in-laws live in Jackson and are having their 60th wedding anniversary next month. They are traditional meat and potatoes eaters, English and Scottish heritage. I see Webers is still in biz, but we've heard some negatives from our friends back in MI. Any comments or suggestions on where we should have a nice little celebration dinner? Or, is there someplace in Jackson or points nearby to consider?

Thanks!

Chelsea, MI
Level Contributor
55 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant for 60th Wedding Anniversary

I don't know about Weber's. We've had good times at Mediterrano. They have some side rooms that they offer for large groups. Also same thing with Quarter Bistro, which is right off the same 94 exit as Webers. Both places offer the traditional steak and potatoes, and some other goodies that are a bit more exotic but not too out there. Have fun!

new jersey
Destination Expert
for Charlevoix, Michigan
Level Contributor
4,677 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant for 60th Wedding Anniversary

I don't know your budget but here are a couple of suggestions in Ann Arbor. The West End Grill is beautiful! It is located just off of State Street. The menu includes many different beef dishes and the chef is excellent. The Earle may also be of intterest. It's been in Ann Arbor for so long and is a favorite among the locals. Another option is The Gandy Dancer. The atmosphere is wonderful, in the old train station. I haven't eaten there is years so I can't comment on the food.

Another option that is between Ann Arbor and Jackson is the Common Grill in Chelsea. Great food and a nice atmosphere in a cute little town. My only complaint is the noise. It is quite loud when full and it is usually full. Afterwards you could go to the playhouse down the street that is owned or managed by Jeff Daniels.

Congratulations to your in-laws! Have a great time! Moms

Elk Rapids, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Lanai
Level Contributor
9,668 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant for 60th Wedding Anniversary

I would second The Gandy Dancer. The food is terrific, just bring lots of money because it is not cheap...but then for a 60th I would say go all out.

Livonia, MI
Level Contributor
689 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant for 60th Wedding Anniversary

Love the Gandy Dancer! It's been a year since I've been there but the food was great. My husband had steak and I had fish and both were good. Thanks - now I'm hungry! :o)

Dexter, Michigan
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant for 60th Wedding Anniversary

Weber's isn't all that , but it is nice, and affordable compared to downtown (Ann Arbor ) places...also they have rooms and meals packages so people can stay there if they want...I've also heard Terry B's in Dexter is good, probably a little more special, i don't know about jackson, but you could check online like aol local guide etc.

Livonia, Michigan
Level Contributor
1,564 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurant for 60th Wedding Anniversary

I've always loved the Gandy Dancer so that would be my first choice.

It's been a couple years, but for a second choice I second The Common Grille in Chelsea.

It's been a few years since I've been to the next recommendation, but the Lord Fox would be my third recommendation.

Livonia, Michigan
Level Contributor
1,564 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurant for 60th Wedding Anniversary

Oh, by the way The Lord Fox has this Beef Wellington that's to die for.

Breckenridge, CO
Level Contributor
893 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurant for 60th Wedding Anniversary

Thanks everyone for the great ideas. Now, I am wondering if either UM or MSU has a football game going that weekend....we have grads from both schools in the family.

new jersey
Destination Expert
for Charlevoix, Michigan
Level Contributor
4,677 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Restaurant for 60th Wedding Anniversary

What weekend is it?

new jersey
Destination Expert
for Charlevoix, Michigan
Level Contributor
4,677 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Restaurant for 60th Wedding Anniversary

If you decide to head up to the Lansing area, I would suggest The English Inn in Eaton Rapids for dinner. I have not eaten there but many members of my family recommend it. It looks beautiful.

If you are in either Ann Arbor or East Lansing on a football Saturday expect big crowds in the restaurants and on the streets. Locals who are not attending the game tend to stay home in both towns on that day (I know this to be true as I grew up in EL and my husband grew up in Ann Arbor). Make your reservations early.

If it is a football Saturday, I would suggest the Common Grill in Chelsea near Ann Arbor after the game and THe English Inn in Eaton Rapids near East Lansing after the game.