We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Comfort Inn vs. Four Points by Sheraton for Wolverine...

Which Ann Arbor hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Smithfield, Virginia
Level Contributor
429 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Comfort Inn vs. Four Points by Sheraton for Wolverine...

I'm planning a surprise trip for my husband's birthday in September. He's a die-hard Michigan Wolverine football fan, but has never been to a game. So I'm going to take him to the Michigan vs. Notre Dame game on September 10th. I've come across two hotels in Ann Arbor that have an available room. They are:

Comfort Inn

2455 Carpenter Rd.

$143- King bed, free high speed internet access, free deluxe continental breakfast, indoor pool

Four Points by Sheraton

3200 Boardwalk

$150- double beds $170- king bed, free high speed internet, indoor pool

Does anyone have any opinions on these hotels? Also, I need the BEST sports bar (preferably with wolverine memorabilia) to take my husband to dinner the night before the game. Thanks for any help you can give me!!

Ann Arbor, MI
8 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Comfort Inn vs. Four Points by Sheraton for Wolverine...

The Four Points is easily your best option. That particular Comfort Inn is really run down, and isn't in the best part of town. The Four Points is only a mile or so from the stadium, and you will have easy access to the downtown Ann Arbor area that is loaded with restaraunts and bars.

About a mile down State St. from the Four Points is a sports bar called Enzo's. They have big screen TV's, lots of Michigan memorabilia, great food, and the largest beer selection in town. It sound like the ideal place to take your husband. Hope I have been helpful. Go Blue!

Smithfield, Virginia
Level Contributor
429 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Comfort Inn vs. Four Points by Sheraton for Wolverine...

Thanks so much for the help! Are you a fan of chicken wings? Have you ever had wings at Enzo's? My husband is a chicken wing conesour and has to eat wings everywhere we go. I will book with the Sheraton and I really appreciate your help.

homebase
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Comfort Inn vs. Four Points by Sheraton for Wolverine...

Does anyone know anything about the other Comfort Inn on State Street --not the one on Carpenter Road. I was thinking of staying there for a football saturday? Thanks for your info.

York, PA
Level Contributor
788 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Comfort Inn vs. Four Points by Sheraton for Wolverine...

The Comfort Inn on State Street is fairly new-it was built in 2003. I have never stayed there but I have heard very good things about this hotel. It is about two miles from the stadium and is near a shopping mall. The hotel is not overly expensive and would probably be a good choice.

homebase
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Comfort Inn vs. Four Points by Sheraton for Wolverine...

Thank you so much for the info!!

Detroit, MI
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Comfort Inn vs. Four Points by Sheraton for Wolverine...

Did you say "chicken wings"?.. There's a new Buffalo Wild Wings in downtown Ann Arbor (on State Steet - right by the State Theater). Awesome wings and cold beer. Go Blue!

Smithfield, Virginia
Level Contributor
429 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Comfort Inn vs. Four Points by Sheraton for Wolverine...

Yep, I said "chicken wings". My husband loves them! We have BW3's where we're from in Ohio, but we're looking for the best local place in Ann Arbor...

Ann Arbor, MI
Level Contributor
30 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Comfort Inn vs. Four Points by Sheraton for Wolverine...

The Sheraton is much closer to the stadium than Comfort Inn.

If you are looking for places nearby to the hotel, Fraser's Pub is a hole in the wall, but it's fun to go watch games there. They have a few tv's, lots of beer, and I'm sure they have wings.

Two buildings over from your hotel is a restaurant called Damons that has pretty good wings. But that's a chain restaurant. If you're looking for local restaurants, go more towards downtown.

Downtown I would say try Full Moon Restaurant & Saloon - It's on Main Street so you'll get to see downtown Ann Arbor. They have big TV's, pool tables, a big beer selection, and a pretty good menu. The crowd here is young but more mature than a lot of the local bars.

Closer to State street is a bar called Score Keepers. The crowd here is younger, but they have big tv's and probably have wings?

Hope this helps. And definitely stick around on Sunday, the Sheraton has a great breakfast buffet.

Boston
Level Contributor
263 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Comfort Inn vs. Four Points by Sheraton for Wolverine...

I've stayed at the Four Points, and the Comfort Inn on Carpenter road. Go with the Four Points, much nicer.

I'll be out there for the OSU game this year, I booked a hotel in May and the Four Points was full. I'll be trying the new Comfort Inn on State Street. I figure it has to be nicer.

I'm not sure what you're looking for in a sports bar, and I don't recall everyplace I've been, but I think Gallaghers was decent. Low key, good food, air hockey, and they had the Red Sox on for us last year. For a more upbeat party atmosphere in the downtown area, I think it was Touchdown cafe we were at.

I may be wrong on the bar names....if so I'm sure a local will correct me.

Smithfield, Virginia
Level Contributor
429 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Comfort Inn vs. Four Points by Sheraton for Wolverine...

Got tickets! The game's next week! We can't wait!!! GO BLUE!!!!