We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Protests in Potosi... Can we get through?

Which Potosi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney
10 posts
Save Topic
Protests in Potosi... Can we get through?

Hi my wife and I are in Humahuaca in North Argentina, we are going to continue north into Bolivia via Villazon stopping at Uyuni and then heading towards La Paz. The problem is that we have heard the roads and train lines have been blocked. Its hard to find out info so we are not sure what to do? Can we:

A. go through Villazon border and continue north, train or bus?

B. go through Villazon border and then head east on bus towards Villamontes and then north to Santa Cruz?

C. go through Chile and completely skip the affected areas? (alot of back-tracking and time)

Thanks for your help and info

Matt and Nat

Scunthorpe, United...
Level Contributor
3,583 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Protests in Potosi... Can we get through?

This does seem to be a problem in Potosi. When we visited in April the miners would blockade roads on Mondays complaining about working conditions. The rest of the week was OK. People we knew travelling from Sucre to Potosi on a Monday had to do a long detour. I don't know what the case was between Potosi and Uyuni.

Toronto
Level Contributor
53 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Protests in Potosi... Can we get through?

Hi Matt and Nat,

Did you get through Potosi ok? How was the situation?

Moonyfish

3. Re: Protests in Potosi... Can we get through?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, February 28, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Potosi