We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TA Meeting

Bangor, United...
Level Contributor
2,984 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
TA Meeting

Hi Everyone. Have started a new thread as the other was getting far too long LOL

Just wanted to confirm everything is set for 22nd June, Birmingham as Maryjo and I are about to book our flights so that we can arrive around same time.

Don't want to be booking and then venue changes!!!! Te! He!

Thanks Ladies

Molly

Bangor, United...
Level Contributor
2,984 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: TA Meeting

Whoops Hiccups!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You dont really need to tell me twice!!!

Broxburn, UK
Level Contributor
1,404 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: TA Meeting

Well I hope no-one is going to change anything now as I have just booked my flights. It is official!!! I fly from Edinburgh to Birmingham on Friday 22nd June arriving late morning. Molliedon is about to book hers too so there's no turning back now. How is everyone else's arrangements coming along? Molliemoo, don't even consider telling me that it has all been called off or dates changed!!!I know you would be just kiddng me on anyway. Wouldn't you?? Molliedon, have you booked yet? Cheers.

Bangor, United...
Level Contributor
2,984 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: TA Meeting

Hi Maryjo

Yes flights booked and finalised so if anyone changes their minds they can have a whip round and refund our flight money (Te! he!)

I will be arrving around same time as you so we will meet in airport.

Looking forward to it!!!!!!!!!!!

Mollydon

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
43,131 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: TA Meeting

Can you give me an idea of room budget ?

I can get a hotel with spa facilities for about £80 or one without from £45 - to £80

Bangor, United...
Level Contributor
2,984 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: TA Meeting

I wouldn't be all that bothered about Spa Facilities. I don't know about anyone else.

Sure for all the time we will be there it would hardly matter.

If Maryjo and I are early I'm quite sure we can have a good gossip until others arrive. But that is only my opinion. Will go with the flow.

Thanks Latti

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
135 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: TA Meeting

I can arrange to arrive late morning as well Mollydon and as for the hotel latimer, what ever you think. I;ve arranged the date around work so have just to sort the train tickets out nearer the time. Really looking forward to the meet.

Jayne

Bangor, United...
Level Contributor
2,984 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: TA Meeting

Hi Yorky

Maryjo and I will look forward to meeting you then. Are you coming down by train or are you driving? maryjo and i will be arriving around 11-30 am. Can arrange to meet up nearer the time.

See you in Dubai before that!!!!. Are you lookiing forward to your trip or are you dreading it? You will be fine, and if you get lonely while we are there you are more than welcome to join us at any time.

take care

molly

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
135 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: TA Meeting

Hi Molly

I am coming down by train and will be able to arrange the time to arrive around the same time as you two.

I am really looking forward to meeting you first in Dubai, and am just counting down the weeks till i get there.

Jayne

Broxburn, UK
Level Contributor
1,404 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: TA Meeting

hi, glad to see you've booked your flights Mollydon. It will be nice to meet you too Yorky. I am in the same agreement as you mollydon, as far as the spa is concerned. I would not really bother about the spa but if others would prefer to have it then that is fine by me. How many will be staying over in the hotel? Latimer, which hotels are you considering? Are you able to get discounts/ preferential rates when you book the rooms? How is the others plans coming along? Anyone else flying to it or are the rest either coming by train or car? This is the first time I have flown on my own and when I booked the flight it stated that check-in was by on-line or at the dedicated check-in booths, which I am not that keen to use, but then I thought it should all be fairly straight forward as I won't have any luggage to check in, just an overnight bag which I can take as hand luggage, but then it just occurred to me that I will only be able to take the limited fluids on board so would definately not be able to take on my toiletries, make-up,perfume etc. And I need all these and that's not counting all the stuff for my hair. So it looks as though I will need to take a small suitcase instead so that I can put all my liquids in that as hold luggage. What a pain!!!

HERE AND THERE
Level Contributor
460 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: TA Meeting

Maryjo I bought one of those little travel pack things in M&S which have lots of small bottles and jars in and then take just 100 mls of each product with me.

You are allowed upto a litre of liquids in this form.

I then put all the small bottles and jars including a bottle of perfume into the see through freezer bag things and carry it on as hand luggage.

The rest of my stuff goes in my suitcase but for an overnight you might find this is enough to get you by.

Just a thought if it will save you time at check in.