We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

dubai ramadan & jebel ali

ireland
Level Contributor
63 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
dubai ramadan & jebel ali

am travelling 2 dubai with wife (both mid/late 30's) at end of september 05 until 5th october. can anyone tell me when exactly ramadan is this year. also am staying a little out of town in Jebel Ali Hotel, has anyone any advice to offer regarding this hotel, eating out there or elsewhere & value 4 money. I also hope to play a bit of golf while there, should I bring my own clubs & is it expensive. also any trips anyone recommends or general info about place or dubai in general as its 1st time

Dubai, UAE
Level Contributor
4,084 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: dubai ramadan & jebel ali

Ramadan starts around 2 October for approx. thirty days (according to when the moon is sighted). There's no fixed beginning and end dates in this part of the world, just approximates. Jebel Ali Hotel is lovely, great grounds, etc., but quite a long way away. The nearest places for you to go out and eat would be from the Sheraton down to the Jumeirah Beach Hotel really. Suggest you e-mail the hotel regarding clubs and green fees, as they vary according to which day of the week it is. I reckon a taxi to the Madinat would be around Dhs. 40 - 50. The hotel will also run buses into town for shopping, etc.

Mentioned in this post
Jumeirah Beach Hotel
Jumeirah Beach Hotel
5,764 Reviews
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
ireland
Level Contributor
63 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: dubai ramadan & jebel ali

thanks 4 reply Jaky, what ia approx cost 4 a meal in the evening time generally speaking, trying to work out how much to budget for trip. and am I better off bringing Dirhams from home or getting them there. if there, I would be exchanging euro's, or should i bring some US dollars

Dubai, UAE
Level Contributor
4,084 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: dubai ramadan & jebel ali

Asking average costs is a bit like asking how long is a piece of string. It really depends on where you eat and what you eat and drink! For example, I went to dinner at a restaurant called Pax Romana at the Dusit. We had two main courses, one desert, one bottle of good wine and two liquers and the bill came to aorund Dhs. 600. I wouldn't normally pay that much. As far as exchange rates are concerned. Dollar is totally fixed (viz., oil) and I hear the pound is doing fantastically at the moment against the dirham (something like seven to the pound?). There are tons of ATMs so you can always get cash.

Liverpool
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: dubai ramadan & jebel ali

Hi,

I was there in march, took my own clubs.(free with Emirates)course is 9 holes ,9 good holes! It was in excellent condition. price of 9 holes was 110 Dirhams for resident. Look on the hotels own web site for more info . Prices? hotel not too pricey bit dearer than UK.Hotel is isolated but while you are there you will find excellent service and a fantastic beach. Taxi to the Shereton area was 70 dirhams , yes coach free but takes ages! Tip...... don't take the 630 one into city ,cos of traffic it took over two hours! Hope this helps.

Enjoy

Dubai
Level Contributor
1,592 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: dubai ramadan & jebel ali

Ramadam should kick in about 5th Oct this year so you will just miss it!