We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I have good news

Bolton, England
Level Contributor
1,471 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
I have good news

Well it is for me anyway.............

Hooorah the jewellery has turned up.

On the flight to Dubai in September I thought aahh I seem to remember putting my little pink emirates box in a washbag as it was only small containing the said earings and bracelet previously bought in Dubai in May. When I got to Dubai the first thing I did was check the washbag that I had taken to London and the box wasn't there. I was a little stumped so I asked Lati to check with the hotel to see if I had indeed left them there on the Dubai forum girls night out.

I was sure I had checked the room on departure and I still had this very vague recollection of putting this little box into something.........................for safe keeping...............as we do.

Well I was getting ready to go out on Saturday night and decided on the last minute to throw caution to the wind and put some make up on. (I don't really wear make up) I opened my make up bag which I didn't take to Dubai and pulled out my mascara, lip liner and lip gloss and thought ooh what is that?

A little pink emirates box containing my earings and bracelet.

Hoorah, I dashed into the bathroom where poor David was still showering displaying this box on the shower door with probably a near mental grin shouting I knew I hadn't left them, to which David replied well then I have been conned..............this will become very clear in one of my trip reports that involves a trip to the G&D Park.

I then interrupted Lati's evening by telling her too, it's a good job she is patient!!!!!!! Then I went out with my earings in.

So now I will take all my Dubai purchases and get them all valued and let this be a lesson to me.

Dubai
Level Contributor
3,150 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: I have good news

thank god we only had to read the story and not listen to your ranting and ravings......whew....

good thing it turned up, I can just imagine the torment u must have gone thru

moral of the story - maybe u should wear the stuff and enjoy it, rather than keep it boxed up and safe

Bolton, England
Level Contributor
1,471 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I have good news

No Des I did wear it that's what got me in trouble in the first place and anyway I don't rant and rave I sulk like only a good female can.

Anyway I blame it on Lati and Jaky as it is their fault for making me take it to London in the first place!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Re: I have good news

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:07 am, October 10, 2006
Bolton, England
Level Contributor
1,471 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I have good news

That would be telling BB and a lady never tells !!!!!!

Bangor, United...
Level Contributor
2,984 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: I have good news

So glad you have found your jewellery Molliemoo.

Take Care of it now!!!! Looks like you got replacements on your last visit then???????

Typical Woman LOL

London, United...
Level Contributor
6,177 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: I have good news

what good news Mollie it would have been such a shame to have lost such pretty earrings and bracelet!

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
43,131 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: I have good news

Careful BB you're steaming up again

Australia
Destination Expert
for Cairo, Egypt, Nile River Valley, Luxor
Level Contributor
9,386 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: I have good news

Lmao @ Mollie

Great news! Thank goodness you threw caution to the wind! Looking forward to the next trip report now!

Nefertari

9. Re: I have good news

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:03 am, October 10, 2006
10. Re: I have good news

Removed on: 7:07 am, October 10, 2006