We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where will allow a 6 night stay over new year

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
shrewsbury
Level Contributor
68 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
where will allow a 6 night stay over new year

Hi

My husband and I have just had our 6 night new year break to the al bustan palace in oman cancelled as they are closing due to refurbishment. Due to work commitments we are only able to take a 6 night break and are struggling to get a high end hotel that will allow us to stay for less that 7 nights over new year. We normally stay at the one & only but they are firm on the minimum stay policy.

Can anyone suggest an alternative hotel of a similar standard that is likely to be more flexibe?

Thanks

Eve

anywhere in the sun
Level Contributor
79 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: where will allow a 6 night stay over new year

i evostick, im from telford.

You will struggle to get a package for 6 nights.

Ive booked flights and hotels seperately.

ive managed to get Grovenor House on Jumeriah 23rd Dec -29th Dec.

Try Oasis Beach Hotel, i know its not high end but they have been allowing bookings for 6 nights .

Most of the city hotels such as shangri,la dusit, emirates tower will accommodate 6 nights, fairmont has been really expensive.

Also Grand Hyatt is accepting bookings. all about 300 pound per night

The blackout periods apply for booking from the 26th, i have not had any problems getting the first three nights,( although couldnt get in at one and only)but the 2nd 3 nights have been near impossible for the same standard and location. but as ive said there is more flexibility if you stay in a city hotel,

what i have decided to do is stay at the Ritz for the first three nights then move to somewhere in the city, Al Bustan by the airport have good rates with leading hotels of the world from the 26th onwards

The cheaper hotels are also accepting bookings such as arabian courtyard..

2. Re: where will allow a 6 night stay over new year

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:19 pm, August 21, 2009