We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dhow cruise

Plymouth, England...
Level Contributor
5 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Dhow cruise

Could anyone give advice on the dhow cruises, are the groupon ones fine or how about the entertainer voucher one.

Are they worth the cost ect

Thank you

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
43,542 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dhow cruise

I wouldn't use groupon but that's just a personal opinion. With dhow cruises and the desert safaris you get what you pay for so the more expensive the better the quality.

Entertainer vouchers give you 2 for the price of one of any cruise in the book so if it was me I'd pick Al Mansour dhow.

Having said all that you need to be aware that the creek is a long way from Atlantis and to make an 8pm sailing you would need to leave Atlantis no later than 6.30pm to be sure of getting t the creek dhow area on time.

You could do a dinner cruise from the marina instead as that is only 15 minutes away or make a day of it and visit the creek during the day and take a private abra tour for 120 dirham

Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
9,927 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dhow cruise

I have tried Al Mansour Dhow. they are very good and catering is from Radisson Blu hotel. It is a two level large wooden boat. the upper deck is open. they serve buffet style food. the other very good one is Bateaux Dubai. it is a one level modern boat. it serves a la carte. both are in the entertainer and they both cruise along the dubai creek from 8:30 to 10:30. Boarding is 30 min earlier.

Alternatively you could take a cruise in the dubai marina area if that is closer to your hotel.

Plymouth, England...
Level Contributor
5 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dhow cruise

Thank you for the replies. They are very helpful.

4. Re: Dhow cruise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 19, 2015