We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

DXB Versus AD - Help

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
107 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
DXB Versus AD - Help

I am taking my wife and two young children to Al ain in october for a week in the sun, can anybody help me with the following questions:

1.) What is there to see and do in Al Ain ?

2.) I can only really afford the one round taxi trip to either Dubai or Abu Dhabi, so where do I go ?

I would love to see Abu Dhabi, but unsure what attractions it would hold for us, where as dubai from experience has great shopping, great food and fantastic parks to walk through.

Advice please.

Newton Abbot...
Level Contributor
2,458 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: DXB Versus AD - Help

Have you had a look at the AUH forum taffy ? Not very active but might be helpful.

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g294013-i3754-Abu_…

I've only ever flown into AUH and never stayed there but You'll probably get a raft of regulars advice soon

Dubai
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: DXB Versus AD - Help

I live in Dubai and have not been to Al Ain before but i would say it is certainly will be quieter than Dubai !. I would prob go to Dubai rather than Abu Dhabi however, Abu Dhabi is now up and coming compared to a few years ago. Not too sure you would be missing out on anything special that i am aware of - however you could always check the prices of the taxi rides for both Dubai and Abu Dhabi and then make a decision !!!

3. Re: DXB Versus AD - Help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:17 pm, August 16, 2009