We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Le Royal Meridien Dubai

Ireland
Level Contributor
22 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Le Royal Meridien Dubai

Is it worth upgrading from a standard room to either the clubroom or tower suite? Can anyone suggest a typical cost for either upgrade in May or should I wait until I check in to see what they have available at the time ?

Regards to all...

Lytham St Annes
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Le Royal Meridien Dubai

I hope I can help you out. I stayed in a standard room last year and a tower room this year. If you can afford it and get a good deal I would definately go for a Tower room. I managed to look around all the rooms last year and I personally felt the club rooms were not really worth the extra as they were not that much different from a standard room however the Tower rooms are superb. You get a free bottle of wine every night (including a sparkly at 225dhs a bottle) plus canapes and bits and pieces. The service is superb through out but I though the Tower rooms were worth the extra. it all depends what sort of deals you get of course.

Level Contributor
6,927 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Le Royal Meridien Dubai

IMO and i stayed at a Tower Room three years ago, you should establish from the hotel what is included in the club package, i note the hotel is vague and this question has been asked previously with no real answers.

Dubai can work out expensive, and club is worth doing but it needs to be fairly comprehensive to make it pay.

The tower rooms are lovely but would you drink a bottle of wine each night in your room, the canapes are only small so just a nice eveing touch by the hotel.

The sister hotel and the newer of the two, the Grovenor has been giving out the best deals inc half board and is highly recommended on TA.

An alternative is the Ritz, whilst a lot more expensive for Club than any other hotel, it really is all day and would probably halve your cost if not more, when in Dubai , more or less all drinks and food is available all day into the early hours of the am.

Ive just returned from the Far East and am due to visit Dubai again this year, and if you can get good club facilities go for it as it makes it all more affordable even though in some cases you spend more at the start, on average food and drinks costs could come in at a minimum of 100 pound per day for lucnh and dinner for two , a few drinks could double the days budget.

England
Level Contributor
133 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Le Royal Meridien Dubai

I fell qualified now to answer your question. I have just come back today from a fantastic stay at Le Royal Meridien.

I had booked a club room because I wanted the free drinks all day.

When I got there last week they said I had been upgraded to a Tower room FOC. A lot of arrivals that day were upgraded .Regular to club and club to Tower. I kept the Club lounge bit.

The Tower room was lovely. Much bigger bathroom with a separate shower . You get free internet access in the Tower rooms as well and free breakfast for room service. We had to leave at 6am this morning and had a lovely breakfast try at 5.

For us the club lounge was great. Free soft drinks all day. A lovely cream tea at 3.30 - 4.30 and nibbles for happy hour at 7pm which was like a buffet. We found this was plenty for dinner.

I am busy now looking for deals to return. It was the best hotel we have ever stayed in.

4. Re: Le Royal Meridien Dubai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:18 am, August 13, 2009