We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How hot is Dubai in September?

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Yorkshire Dales...
11 posts
Save Topic
How hot is Dubai in September?

Hi there,

Due to the price difference of Dubai hotels in September - in my chose package, there is a difference of £3800 - I am thinking of going in the first week of September. Now, the only reason I am asking about the weather in September, as the original month my family were planning on going was October, is because there appears that there is only a difference of 3 degrees, give or take depending on which website I look at.

So, will I be able to go on the beach? Will we be able to enjoy the waterparks without getting burnt? Is the weather actually as unbearable as some people have said. Someone described it as being chocked to death, but I am confused because there doesn't appear to be much of a difference in temperature in October and yet there are hardly any troubling complaints from people who visited in October.

I went to Florida two years ago in April, and I found the temperature really cold for the water parks Disney Blizzard Beach, and Typhoon Lagoon. The temperature was ok for when we were out of the water, but inside it was very cold and it was around 28 degrees, I would have easily preferred it another 10 degrees warmer. For this reason, I am wondering whether September would actually be a good time for us, but I would just like some opinions as my husband will kill me if we spend all this money and the kids find the weather too hot.

Will really appreciate any comments.

Thank you!

Tyne and Wear
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
9,306 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How hot is Dubai in September?

You will certainly not find Dubai cold in September that's for sure - yes it's hot, especially the beginning of September but October is still hot (unless you go towards the end).

Dubai is very humid however it is geared towards family holidays and everywhere is air-conditioned, it is likely to be too hot to sit outside in the evenings but no reason why you shouldn't enjoy it.

I doubt the kids will find it too hot because I don't think kids tend to notice much as long as they have a pool to play in.

Many families from the UK head to Dubai in the summer as it is cheaper and the hotels and waterparks are still busy.

My daughter has been going to Dubai since she was 3 months old, she's now four and she's visited every summer and manages fine.

There's no doubt the cooler months are more pleasant to walk around in but you will pay a lot more for the holiday.

Yorkshire Dales...
11 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: How hot is Dubai in September?

Thank you!

Will the weather be too hot to enjoy the beach though? I've been going through a few old threads and that seems the case :( I've also been stalking a few youtube videos, and it seems the beaches are empty. I've read that the sand burns in August, and as we're going in the first week of September, I guess the situation will be similar. I knew the prices were just too good lol

Dubai, Dubai...
Level Contributor
291 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How hot is Dubai in September?

not a good idea of visiting dubai in sept

uk, manchester
Level Contributor
692 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How hot is Dubai in September?

We went in sept last year.o.m.g it's hot!! Hotter than Mexico even.however if you stay near water it's fine you just have to keep getting in it.we went on the beach and water park but again only managed because we were constantly in the water.you will defo burn to a crisp unless you meticulously apply very high factor sun cream.you won't be able to sit outdoors for food /drink.all the outdoor drinks terraces were closed due to the heat. indoors is air conned to the point of it being chilly and I actually needed a light shawl when indoors we are going in out this year and are prepared for the heat but are hoping to be able to sit outdoors in the evenings as the terraces are starting to open again then . If not it's no big deal we will just chill by the pool or the ocean. Not sure how you'd cope with the heat if you didn't like the water tho

uk, manchester
Level Contributor
692 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How hot is Dubai in September?

That was meant to say" we are going in Oct this year"

Yorkshire Dales...
11 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: How hot is Dubai in September?

Thank you Amber!! That was really helpful.

What I meant to say is that as my family and I love waterparks, we would have preferred the daily temperature to be 10 degrees hotter in Florida, because in 28 degrees the waterpark was chilly.

Can you not enjoy the beach in the evening either? Would you basically never go again?

This is our plan: 4 nights in Atlantis and 2 nights in Downtown the Palace. The whole thing only comes to £750 pp with half board & flights & refreshments thorough out, whereas in October it's not less than £1300 pp.

Sorry for all the questions.

Tyne and Wear
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
9,306 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How hot is Dubai in September?

Dubai residents will generally advise against going in the height of the summer but that is because for them, life is normal and they still have to work throughout the summer and they cannot understand why anyone would travel when it is hot and humid.

However as mentioned above, the beach hotels are full of families from the UK in the summer so it is do-able and prices are much cheaper.

Only you will know your tolerance to the heat but if you like hot then you will be fine, I often think Dubai is better geared up towards heat than the Med as although temps are higher there is more to do indoors and plenty to see.

If you want to go on the beach, better going early morning or late afternoon but you can still go in the sea(the sea is very warm though)

I've just returned from Dubai and when I was there the temps ranged from 27 to 39 degrees - I actually found some evenings a bit chilly and sometimes when getting out of the pool it was chilly in the breeze so for me it could do with being a few degrees hotter, it's just personal preference.

DxB
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
3,505 posts
216 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How hot is Dubai in September?

Early Sept will be hot. Spending extended periods of time at the beach, directly under the sun will be tough, especially for those not accustomed to Dubai's heat and humidity. October is definitely better- starting in September, the temps and humidity levels go down with every week that passes by.

It's very subjective, but IMO the beach during the day will be very challenging in Sept, perhaps even unsafe for young children. That said, Dubai's vibe and charm remain as great as ever as the city is built to carry on despite the heat in the peak of the summer. There's so much to see and do indoors. Many restaurant terraces remain open during the summer thanks to mist fans and portable ACs.

So, temp controlled hotel pools are your best bet in Sept- I would have that as Plan A, with the beach as Plan B if the summer is gentle this year.

Saskatchewan, Canada
Level Contributor
1,808 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How hot is Dubai in September?

There is quite hot in september and i don't think that your kids will like it. My preferable time is November in between March.

HT

uk, manchester
Level Contributor
692 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How hot is Dubai in September?

hi green brick, of course i would go again in sept if the deal was right, although out of choice i wouldnt pick june july or august or sept. we found that even in the evenings it was impossible to sit outdoorsfor long. as i said we used the beach /waterparks every day but were immersed in the water most of the time. dont expect the sea to be refreshing tho, its like getting into a warm bath! we have very high tolerance for heat having always holidayed in mexico/carribean in sept so it depends how you are.you mentioned enjoying the beach in the evenings, well it was dark by 6.30 anyway and most people had left by then so that wasnt really an option for us stop fretting just arm yourself with factor 150!!! a sun hat and enjoy. we loved the atlantis.