We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Half board at Jumeriah Beach Hotel

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bolton, UK
Level Contributor
6 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Half board at Jumeriah Beach Hotel

Hello tripadvisor community,

I've booked this option at JBH in August as I thought it would be easier to have our evening meal at the hotel. I understand that you are given a book of vouchers on arrival. My questions are:

- where can you use the vouchers? just at JBH or can we go to the other Jumeriah resorts close by?

- Do the vouchers cover the cost of the meal? I've seen mixed reviews on this so am not sure. I don't intend on fine dining as will have two teenagers so will opt for the more casual buffet option instead

- Does half board include unlimited soft drinks with your meal?

I'd be very grateful if someone knows the answers!

Thanks

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
420 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Half board at Jumeriah Beach Hotel

You will be given a book of vouchers when you check in to use and a booklet with a list of restaurants. Most restaurants we used was a 3 course dinner every night or some have a buffet. If you go onto the Jumeirah website they will be listed, all drinks alcoholic or soft are extra.

Rochdale, Lancashire
Level Contributor
102 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Half board at Jumeriah Beach Hotel

The JBH has a habit of changing the restaurants on an annual basis and you have to pay a supplement to eat at some of the places. However, you can eat at other Jumeirah hotels and as outlined above the restaurants are highlighted on the JBH web site. You get a three course meal and we didn't encounter any 'issues' when ordering the most expensive items on the menu and then using the vouchers. All drinks are excluded including water. We stayed in a Premium Leisure room and found that we couldn't make the best use of the vouchers following the two hours of complimentary drinks when canapés are also served so on the 2nd visit we just opted for bed & breakfast allowing us to dine wherever we chose and without feeling obliged to have three courses just to get our monies worth.

Bolton, UK
Level Contributor
6 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Half board at Jumeriah Beach Hotel

Thank you both for your responses, very helpful. I'm somewhat surprised that you don't get a free drink or even water with your meal but hey ho. I should've checked before booking!

Bolton, UK
Level Contributor
6 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Half board at Jumeriah Beach Hotel

Thank you both for your responses, very helpful. I'm somewhat surprised that you don't get a free drink or even water with your meal but hey ho. I should've checked before booking!

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
41,712 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Half board at Jumeriah Beach Hotel

You can get water with your meal. Just ask for a jug of iced tap water and there's no charge for that.

Or if you want bottled water specify 'local' water and then you won't pay the extortionate rate the hotels charge for a bottle of imported (Evian, Perrier, Volvic etc) water.

hartlepool uk
Level Contributor
1,830 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Half board at Jumeriah Beach Hotel

No hotel that I have been to in European holiday destinations( Balearics Greece spain etc) include the drink with the half board option. They want you to at least spend some money in their hotels!

I say half board option, not AI- that is a different matter all together and I am not sure if there are many AI hotels in Dubai

Bolton, UK
Level Contributor
6 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Half board at Jumeriah Beach Hotel

Thanks for all your replies, much appreciated

8. Re: Half board at Jumeriah Beach Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:20 am, March 20, 2015