We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Platinum Heritage or Just for You tour?

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
12 posts
91 reviews
Save Topic
Platinum Heritage or Just for You tour?

Hello all

I would really appreciate some help!

I am planning a proposal in Dubai on a visit in April. Having done a sunrise balloon flight first thing, later on in the day I'd like to take my girlfriend on a late-afternoon desert exploration and dinner.

Given I would like to propose, it's really important to me that the tour we end up on feels special - which is why I've whittled it down to either Just for You (Arabian Adventures) or Platinum Heritage's Dinner Safari, where both tours offer a little more exclusivity than most and appropriate given the circumstances.

The Platinum Heritage luxury safari seems to stand out for me in that the vehicle is a Mercedes G-Wagon, takes a more gentle ride rather than 'dune bash' (which doesn't really appeal) and includes a 6-course meal, with the maximum party size of this tour being 12 persons. However, dinner is around a shared secluded camp site (I've read clean and fresh facilities) and there doesn't seem to be a 'private' (just us) secluded opportunity. However, it does seen to be possible to have your own table around the campsite.

The Arabian Adventures 'Just for You' on the other hand does things with up to 30-40 other guests (dune bashing, falconry display etc) right up until the meal, and THEN it has an entirely exclusive meal in a tent in a secluded area. Whilst the meal is private and seems like a good proposal opportunity, the big group parts might spoil the overall experience and the food doesn't really seem anything special.

Does anybody have any experience of either tour that they could share to help me make my mind up between the two tours?

I'd be most grateful if somebody could help!

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
41,726 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Platinum Heritage or Just for You tour?

The Platinum Heritage or the Heritage dinner safari with Platinum Heritage are both special and different to the standard tours and I would choose either over a standard safari with dune bashing.

However, the Just for you element of the Arabian Adventures experience may be what you are looking for.

I don't think anyone can help to make your mind up over such a personal experience but it should be possible to create something secluded and different with Platinum Heritage simply because there are so few people on either tour.

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
10,865 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Platinum Heritage or Just for You tour?

I would contact Platinum Heritage and ask their advice.

I love the standard dune bashing safaris but the PH safaris are a different class and if they can do something special and secluded for you then I would definitely go with them. They seem pretty on the ball as a company so it's worth contacting them and telling them you want to propose and want privacy and something special to do it. PH safaris are alcohol free, though, so I don't think you'd be able to pop some champagne if she says yes.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
12 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Platinum Heritage or Just for You tour?

Thanks both. Although it's slightly more, the Platinum Heritage Luxury Tours and Safaris - Private Tours entry on TripAdvisor has swayed me - best for quality and seems a little less commercial, somewhat more special and better executed. I'm sure from reading the positive feedback it will be a fantastic opportunity to pop the question and be remembered as a once-in-a-lifetime experience.

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
10,865 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Platinum Heritage or Just for You tour?

Have a lovely day/evening. I hope you'll come back and tell us how it goes.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
643 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Platinum Heritage or Just for You tour?

I hope you have a wonderful time. do let us know how it goes...

6. Re: Platinum Heritage or Just for You tour?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, February 19, 2015