We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

jebel ali resort

Manchester UK
Level Contributor
180 posts
Save Topic
jebel ali resort

Hi please can someone tell me about the dress code at the jebel ali resort in dubai? Do woman have to cover their shoulders and knees in the restaurants, etc, in the resort or is it just outside of the resort that it applies to? Thanks

Bolton, England
Level Contributor
1,471 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: jebel ali resort

Sweetcheeks

Trust me it is a whole lot safer than Manchester will ever be.

The only thing I saw when I was in Al Qasr in May was that if anybody tried to get into breakfast at the pool restaurant with a bikin top on (shorts on too) they were asked to put a proper top on. There was however loads of ladies/girlies in sleeveless tops and vests. Knees were definately not a problem xx

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
27 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: jebel ali resort

As Molliemoo just said bikini tops and the like are frowned upon.

I have just come back from staying in the Jebel Ali and there are two distinct levels of dress code. Smart Casual in some of the bars and restaurants allowed ladies from what I saw to wear 'tailored' shorts and vest style tops etc. Flip Flops seemed frowned upon though.

The Smarter bars ie The Clipper meant you needed to dress up as these were termed 'smart dress' so men collared shirts/polo shirts, trousers or even decent jeans. Ladies, it seemed also needed to have to dress up, blouses, skirts/trousers. However the only people I saw been asked, very politely, to get changed were male!

There were also signs as you left the pool area advising people to consider other people as you enter the public areas of the hotel.

13. Re: jebel ali resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 pm, August 15, 2009