We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Doubletree by Hilton, new hotel JBW

West Midlands
Level Contributor
353 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Doubletree by Hilton, new hotel JBW

Hello,

I have just been searching for hotels for October half term week, and have stumbled across a new Doubletree Hilton Hotel on JBW with very favourable prices. They are taking bookings from mid August onwards, but I would like to know whereabouts it is on the walk. I think its probably on the JBR side, (even though it does say access to private beach) but is it an old hotel that has been taken over, and I also cannot see any photos of the pool area which is important to us. If anyone can help, maybe Blighty??? I would appreciate it. Thank you.

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
43,969 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Doubletree by Hilton, new hotel JBW

I can't answer your question specifically about the Double tree but someone posted this morning about getting good rates at another new hotel situated on the opposite side of SZR from the Grand Hyatt that also has good opening rates.

expedia.co.uk/…

I know its in a completely different area but it has apartments too so may be worth taking a look at - there's nothing else around it so pool will get better sun than anything on JBR

Staffordshire...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
16,421 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Doubletree by Hilton, new hotel JBW

The hotel looks good. As you say there are currently no pix of the pool areas on any sites. Perhaps this will be the last part to be done hence they're only showing bedrooms and reception? Was this supposed to be complete at the end of last year?

I like the Hilton brand. Perhaps I'll be accumulating more points on the Hilton Honours card. Interesting.

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
1,230 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Doubletree by Hilton, new hotel JBW

Hilton is not the brand it was imo

Staffordshire...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
16,421 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Doubletree by Hilton, new hotel JBW

I think it depends on the hotel in the location it is. The Hilton on Jumeirah beach is a little dated but the service and food is still good. I've stayed at other Hilton's around the world and some are better than others.

Dubai
Level Contributor
2,328 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Doubletree by Hilton, new hotel JBW

The hotel has taken over one of the Towers at the far end of the Walk , by the Sheraton. It is or was known as Shams 3 and is on the corner so will have a lot of sun and good views if you get sea facing. This is the first time the building has been in use. They started to convert to hotel 4 years ago when I used to live in the Tower next door but stopped because of the depression.

The pool is on the corner and a typical jbr pool. Not sure about the private beach as the only ones there are for the Sheraton and the new Al Bateen Tower ( which is just about to finish). Maybe they have an arrangement with the Hilton ??

If the rate is good then probably a good location. b

West Midlands
Level Contributor
353 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Doubletree by Hilton, new hotel JBW

Thank u blighty thats great.

1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Doubletree by Hilton, new hotel JBW

Hi, I am thinking of going to this same hotel.. Did you end up visiting it, how was the pool, location, staff, general prices and food?

Thanks

Dubai
Level Contributor
2,328 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Doubletree by Hilton, new hotel JBW

The information I posted above is now incorrect, Doubletree did not take on the management contract of the Shams 3 building it was eventually managed by Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

hawthorn.com/hotels/…hotel-overview

Doubletree are now managing one of the Al Bateen Towers which are next to the Sheraton on the JBW and directly on the beach. The hotel is in soft opening stage atm

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
43,969 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Doubletree by Hilton, new hotel JBW

There was one review on the hotel section when I looked last weekend so it has only just opened.

Twin top was asking about a stay in October so won't have been yet.

West Midlands
Level Contributor
353 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Doubletree by Hilton, new hotel JBW

Yes we did book for October and as Blighty says I think it opened in the last couple of weeks. Would be interested to hear from anyone who has stayed there. Someone has posted a review on the hotel section but they say they stayed there in 2012????? Can't be the same hotel can it?