We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport Jobs in Dubai

Dublin
2 posts
Save Topic
Transport Jobs in Dubai

I am very interested in relocating to Dubai, im planning on spending a week there shortly to look for employment but before i go im looking for a bit of helpfull advice on Transport Jobs, would anyone know if there are many available or are they well paid, do you work long hours etc

Are there any large tranport companies.........

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

TB

Ireland

Zurich, Switzerland
Level Contributor
987 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transport Jobs in Dubai

Don't even think about moving to Dubai without competitive EXPAT salary (contract) plus benefits.

Back From The Big...
Level Contributor
136 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Transport Jobs in Dubai

What exactly do you mean by 'transport jobs'? If it's driving, I'm very sorry to inform you that will have absolutely zero chance. You will have to be aiming at least at General Manager of a decent company and have the skills and local knowledge to go with it.

Dublin
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Transport Jobs in Dubai

Thanks for the replies wasnt expecting so soon.

At the minute i am transport manager for a medium - large multi ntaional company in Ireland, i am looking for a similar position in Dubai or maybe an assistant operations manager.

Im imagining with the researh that im doing saying that every week 20 new companies open in Dubai and seen as there is not much natural resourses available in Dubai that the must be importing a lot of goods.

Ita also says that not all jobs there are very well paid and that you work long hours but i suppopse you can work your way up and the tax free income helps..........

4. Re: Transport Jobs in Dubai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 pm, August 15, 2009