We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Medication in Dubai

Level Contributor
2 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Medication in Dubai

Hi, Me & my wife are travelling to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia in January 2014. We will be flying from Glasgow International Airport, Scotland but our flight does have a stopover in Dubai for few hours & the same is for our return journey from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia to Scotland. Me & my wife are both on Prescription Medication & just wanted to double check that whether the following medication will be allowed to go through Dubai & what documentation do we need to carry with ourselves to ensure there will be no problem at the Dubai International Airport as some of the medication below is classified as controlled medication in the UAE. Below are our details of our prescription medication:-

My Prescription Medication:-

• Venlafaxine 75 mg

• Diclofenac Sodium 50 mg

• Capasal Therapeutic Shampoo 250 ml

• Betnovate Scalp application

Wife's Prescription Medication:-

• Levothyroxine

A quick response will be much appreciated.

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
43,195 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Medication in Dubai

It doesn't matter what the prescriptions are or what they are for the advice is always the same

1. Carry it in your hand luggage - this ensures that you have your medication with you if your bags go missing

2. Take it in it's original packaging - this makes sense

3. Carry a letter from your doctor or a copy of the prescription to produce if asked to do so. This latter advice can also be life saving as it enables a doctor in any country to see what medication you need or that they can't give you.

You may not realise it but that is what you need to do to travel to ANY country outside the country in which the medication was prescribed so you would need to do the same for Malaysia, regardless of whether or not you were stopping in Dubai.

2. Re: Medication in Dubai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, November 14, 2014