We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Le Meridien Al Aqah for a UK family at Easter

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
97 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Le Meridien Al Aqah for a UK family at Easter

We (me, wife and 3 kids 8,6 and 2) thinking of Le Meridien at Easter time.

We need a kids club that will take all 3 kids - to allow us a bit of relaxation for a few hours per day. Do they have creche facilities for the 2 year old - or babysitters that can baby sit 2 year old in kids club ( rather than a babysitting service in room - which would not be good for our 2 year old)

Does the hotel provide this service?

Also - do many UK folks holiday there?

Whats the all inclusive like?

We realise the hotel is a bit isolated - but thats ok with us as we tend to stay around the resort.

Is the food good? We are not big eaters but like good food.

Thanks

Sunderland England
Level Contributor
276 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Le Meridien Al Aqah for a UK family at Easter

You do realise this is not in Dubai? Fujairah is about an hour and a half drive from Dubai and totally underwhelming! None of the glitz or opulence of its neighbour. Be aware!

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
43,195 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Le Meridien Al Aqah for a UK family at Easter

If you don't want to be in Dubai and like a resort style holiday then it may suit you.

You will need to contact the hotel directly to check on their specific facilities as many hotels will not allow unaccompanied children under 3 in the kids club and I've no idea what their charge would be for you to employ a babysitter to go into the kids club with your 2 year old.

The all inclusive is like all inclusive at most hotels - drinks and meals included and meals served in their buffet restaurant with an allowance towards others.

The guests will be a mixture of Nationalities and no doubt there will be some British people staying there, although not as many as some of the resorts in Dubai.

Sunderland England
Level Contributor
276 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Le Meridien Al Aqah for a UK family at Easter

Of course Latimer is correct it may suit you perfectly.

Its just that I spent a week there last year at the Hilton and I knew exactly where I was going, my husband was there on business.

However, I met families who had been sold packages to where they thought was Dubai! They had spent a lot of money on a dream holiday and saw nothing more than the airport.

Often when i'm searching for hotel deals in Dubai, Fujairah pops up even on reputable sites.

This is the only reason I say be aware of exactly what you are booking.

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
43,195 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Le Meridien Al Aqah for a UK family at Easter

I agree that Furjairah and Ras al Kaimah often pop up on many sites as holidays in Dubai when they are not. We spent some time with people who had been on a Virgin cruise holiday and sold a 3 day add on hotel stay in 'Dubai' - turns out they were in Ras Al Kaimah and 90 minutes away.

Tyne and Wear
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
9,475 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Le Meridien Al Aqah for a UK family at Easter

I like Meridien Al Aqah and visited a lot for weekends when I lived in Dubai, I've since been for the odd few nights with my husband but but more than 2 nights and I think you would start to go stir crazy, there is nothing to do there.

Al Aqah is about 20 minutes from Fujairah and even more isolated.

It does have a kiddies club, you would have to pay extra for 2 yr old, it also has an excellent pool which has a very shallow end (you walk into it) so great for small children but it has limited facilities and Fujairah can be prone to jellyfish (lots of them) . The rooms are large also.

It caters for older children better as it has a games room and cinema room.

The food at the hotel is okay but nothing to get excited about.

The Hilton at Ras Al Khaimah (not the Fujairah one) is probably the best AI resort outside of Dubai as it is busy and has more going on than the other hotels, also RAK itself has more to see and do than Fujairah but it is still not Dubai.

The Jebel Ali is by far the best AI (and is in the Emirate of Dubai albeit on the outskirts) - there is loads going on for kids and it has a crèche for under 4's (but you have to pay 50dhs per hour for the crèche, it's free for over 4's).

I do note that you mention you are not big eaters, I know AI offers an advantage if you have little ones and ice cream and soft drinks can run up costly, however perhaps you should consider an apartment (such as Hilton Jumeirah Residence) as you have loads of cheap places to eat nearby, access to a beach resort and you can stock up at the supermarket.

6. Re: Le Meridien Al Aqah for a UK family at Easter

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, November 01, 2014