We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach visit with young son

Ljubljana, Slovenia
2 posts
Save Topic
Beach visit with young son

Hello,

I will be visiting Dubai in two weeks, we will be staying at JV Marriot Marquise hotel. Which near beach would you reccomend to go with my 7 year old son, due to the women's day on beach? It does not need to be public one, I would even more appriciate to go to hotel beach, if it's possible.

thanks!

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
44,664 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach visit with young son

To go to an hotel beach costs money - from 120 dirham per person and upwards.

Jumeirah beach park is nice and ladies days are Mondays and Wednesdays - every other day of the week you can take your son with you.

Public beaches are available all over the beach BUT there are no facilities.

Ljubljana, Slovenia
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach visit with young son

Thanks Latimer! I was wondering regarding my son, since I red in Khaleej Times that no male above age four is allowed to enter to beach during Women-only day.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
18 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach visit with young son

I suggest going to Kite Beach. Its located just south of Jumeirah Beach Park (JPB). I like this beach more than JBP because the playground is within view of the beach so you do not have to pack up your stuff if your child wants to play. Its further away from your hotel than JBP, but any extra spent in cab will be made up by the fact that its free entrance. There are no ladies days at this beach.

There are facilities here - change rooms and bathrooms as well as sand showers near the parking lot.

It is also interesting/pretty to watch all the kites floating around the sky on the weekends. Sometimes they also have soapy soccar which is played in giant blow-up courts filled with soap. My kids love slipping and sliding around. They blow up one for adults and one for kids.

Edited: 1:55 pm, October 12, 2013
4. Re: Beach visit with young son

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, October 14, 2014