We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone done the boat ride on Fountain Lake?

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Anchorage
Level Contributor
1,318 posts
132 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone done the boat ride on Fountain Lake?

Hi -

Just saw that there is a boat ride on Fountain Lake in the evenings.

Has anyone done this? What do you think, worth it?

How many people ride on the boat max?

About how long is the ride?

Doesn't look like there are reservations - when you buy a ticket is it for a certain time or do you just queue up and load in the next boat when you get to the front of the line?

If you just queue up are the lines generally long?

Thanks.

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
41,654 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone done the boat ride on Fountain Lake?

This is the only other topic on it.

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g295424-i872-k66…

I don't recall seeing anything else

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
41,654 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone done the boat ride on Fountain Lake?

There's a trip report on page one today that mentions the boat ride on the lake - I am sure if you send the poster a pm they will give you more information

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g295424-i872-k68…

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
93 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone done the boat ride on Fountain Lake?

Fountain lake ride is amazing!! You start at either the 15 or 45 of the hour. The boat goes to the opposite side of the lake and then you see the fountain show from the boat which is a once in a life time experience!! Then the boat takes you back. So 30 minute ride. We did it at night and loved every minute!!

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
56 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone done the boat ride on Fountain Lake?

HI,

HOw do you book for this? or we do you get on?

thanks

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
90 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone done the boat ride on Fountain Lake?

I just found this re boat ride

THE DUBAI FOUNTAIN LAKE RIDE

Let the magic begin!

Set sail on the ultimate ride on the Burj Lake, home to the world’s largest performing fountain. Board a traditional Abra and enjoy a breathtaking show of sights and sounds from the heart of Downtown Dubai. Get up close to the iconic Burj Khalifa as The Dubai Fountain Lake Ride promises an experience of a lifetime.

Hours of Operation

1745h – 2330h

Last boat departs 30 minutes prior to closing.

Ticket Price:

AED 65.00 per person

Tickets available at The Dubai Fountain Lake Ride kiosk located at the Fountain Promenade and the At the Top, Burj Khalifa ticket counter.

Sights, sound, sail!

The Dubai Fountain Lake Ride gives you front row seats to the best show in town.

• Witness the world’s largest dancing fountain, at 900ft long with water jets that shoot up to 500ft in the air, as high as a 45-storey building

• A visual spectacle using 6,600 lights, 25 coloured projectors and 22,000 gallons of airborne water

• Enjoy the stunning choreography of light and water synced with classical, Arabic and world music

6. Re: Anyone done the boat ride on Fountain Lake?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 8:05 am, September 21, 2013
Canberra (capital...
Level Contributor
1,491 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anyone done the boat ride on Fountain Lake?

Lucy, sorry to hear you are being bullied, I have not noticed. Keep on posting as we need people to give their comments and I am grateful for everyone who takes time to post ideas and information.

I plan to check this little boat near the fountains. How long does the show last and what may be the best times eg when it's dark or light, etc?

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
41,654 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Anyone done the boat ride on Fountain Lake?

Each fountain show is different and lasts between 2 and 5 minutes depending on the music.

After dark is better as the fountains start at 6pm - there are two fountain shows around 12.30 and 1pm but they don't look as impressive as they do after dark.

9. Re: Anyone done the boat ride on Fountain Lake?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 8:05 am, September 21, 2013
Canberra (capital...
Level Contributor
1,491 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Anyone done the boat ride on Fountain Lake?

Ok, > 6pm is it, in early October, what time approx is it getting dark? Thanks again