We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bespoke clothing

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Amelia Island...
2 posts
Save Topic
Bespoke clothing

Even though I live in Florida, it has been difficult for me to find an ultra light suit or sport jacket which is truly comfortable in hot climents. I read several TripAdvisor blogs about bespoke, or custom taiored clothing, and decided that I would extend my stay in Dubai long enough to have bespoke shirts and at least one suit made.

Following advice from others, I contacted Mr. Rajesh Lalwani at Santoba Tailors and asked if it would be possible to have a very light weight suit made in the 5 days I planned to be in Dubai. He and his staff were very obliging and provided me with a rather enjoyable shopping experience. Having a talored suit made is actually less of a hair ball than trying to find clothing off the rack which fits.

My advice to travelers who like to pack light is to try the bespoke experience while in Dubai and have an expert talor like Rajesh help make the right decisions.

Bristol, UK
Level Contributor
149 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bespoke clothing

I've considered having a suit tailor made but not got around to it on my previous visits. Out of interest what was the cost and how long did the process take?

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bespoke clothing

self promotion , and lwaysx rubbish

Amelia Island...
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Bespoke clothing

Cost wasn't a factor when I decided to have bespoke clothes made to order. My life style in Florida is similar to the dress code I grew up with in California. I seldom wear a suit ,as a sport coat serves for most occasions in Florida. My tux is 15 years old and has been worn on only three or four occasions. I guess I will have to be burried in it to get my money's worth. My last suit was a Mani and cost $109 dollars less than my first Volkswagon in 1970. I wanted it as much as the car and cost did not matter.

To answer your question, the shirts I had made cost the same as an off the rack shirt at Bananna Republic in the Dubai Mall. Each cost $100.00 less than the last shirt my wife bought for me in Jacksonville, Florida at a very overpriced botique store. I am just as excited about my Dubai bespoke suit as I was when I bought the Mani.

If you frequent Dubai, I think that you will not be disappointed to have a talored shirt or suit made to order. The bragging rights are worth something for heaven's sake! Off the rack clothes are designed and made for young people. As we age it becomes more difficult to find a good fit off the rack. I plan to have all of my clothes made from now on as I believe that it is worth the cost.

4. Re: Bespoke clothing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, September 02, 2014