We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Leaving Dubai International Airport in 3 hour connection..

London, United...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Leaving Dubai International Airport in 3 hour connection..

I am flying London to Shanghai with a connection in Dubai. My flight arrives into Dubai at 00.15am and my connecting flight to Shanghai is at 02.50am. As all my flights are Emirates, I will not have to change terminals.

I need to meet a friend very quickly on the landside area of the airport after going through checks etc and then returning airside. I was hoping for some advice/previous experience of 'leaving the airport' in a 3 hour or short connection time and how long the 'leaving the airport checks may take.

Does this seem possible?

Thanks!

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
8,951 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Leaving Dubai International Airport in 3 hour connection..

Your timing is a bit short. You have actually only 2 hours 35 minutes.

It will take around 10-15 minutes between landing and till the plane is docked and the doors are opened. It will take around an hour to go through the airport and you should check-in at least an hour before your flight leaves (better earlier).

Above assumes that:

- your flight is on time

- you will dock and not park and then take a bus

- you are a British passport holder and get a visa on arrival

- you are checked through to Shanghai

- your luggage is checked through to Shanghai

You will arrive at a very busy time of the airport and even in a good case your timing will be very tight.

Personally I think you have not enough time and I would not risk it.

Can you take an earlier flight from London to Dubai?

Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
7,348 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Leaving Dubai International Airport in 3 hour connection..

No forget it. Call your friend on a phone or talk through internet.

3. Re: Leaving Dubai International Airport in 3 hour connection..

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, August 27, 2014