We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dubai in September?

4 posts
Save Topic
Dubai in September?

My boyfriend and I will be in Dubai on September 1st for an 8 hour layover. We land at 8PM. We wanted to go see the fountain show and I have been searching for a restuarant with an outdoor terrace so we can watch it while we have dinner but it has just occurred to me that outdoor dining areas may be closed due to the heat. Does anyone if they will be open or closed?

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
44,758 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dubai in September?

We can't know this far in advance because it depends on the humidity. As it is early September then I would bank on them being closed.

You can pick any restaurant with an outside terrace, sit inside and then go outside on the terrace to watch a fountain show before dashing back inside the air con - that's what everyone does.

When you get out of the airport head straight for the taxi rank and ask to be dropped at the rear lakeside entrance of Dubai Mall - you should just about catch the 9.30 pm show and can watch the 10pm show from your restaurant. 10 pm is the last show on a Sunday

Edited: 2:53 am, August 14, 2013
Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
7,618 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dubai in September?

The Dubai Fountain show runs from 6 to 11 pm on all days, last show is at 11 pm. Every 30 mins. There are also a couple of day shows with some time variation between week days and week-ends, in the range 12:30 to 2 pm.

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
44,758 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dubai in September?

When did they change that ?

Good to know

Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
7,618 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dubai in September?

No idea, I just called them (Dubai mall) up yesterday to recheck, they gave me the info on phone.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
833 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dubai in September?

Maybe it runs till 11pm because of the Eid period?

Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
7,618 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dubai in September?

Eid is gone as of 11th Aug. So this is after Eid

Dubai
Level Contributor
2,336 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dubai in September?

Dubai Fountain schedule

1:00pm First afternoon show

1:30pm Second afternoon show

Evening Shows

6:00 PM to 11:00 PM Sun - Wed

6:00 PM to 11:30 PM Thu – Sat

( Every 30 Minutes)

The Dubai Fountain shows during the Holy month of Ramadan

7:30 PM to 11:00 PM Sun - Wed

7:30 PM to 11:30 PM Thu - Sat

No afternoon shows

And there are plenty of restaurants with tables and people eating outside on the ground level.

Edited: 1:04 am, August 19, 2013
8. Re: Dubai in September?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, August 21, 2014