We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buying medicine at Dubai airport

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
Level Contributor
6 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Buying medicine at Dubai airport

We are stopping in Dubai for a few days on our way to the Maldives and I know that importing medicines can cause serious trouble. Therefore I wonder whether there is a pharmacy at Dubai airport where I can buy all the stuff I would normally take on holiday, just to be prepared, such as painkillers like paracetamol, tablets against travel sickness and upset stomachs and antihistamine cream for insect bites. I wouldn't have a prescription for those. Thanks.

Staffordshire...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
15,873 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Buying medicine at Dubai airport

You can bring anything in that's for your own use. Bring it in its original packaging and a copy of your prescription.

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
42,479 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Buying medicine at Dubai airport

The list is for controlled drugs - every country has one and they are all different - added to which drugs have different names for branding purposes, although the active ingredient will be the same.

You can buy antihistamines over the counter in Dubai - I think you can get Claritin in Dubai ( it may be sold as Loratadine) so you could either take the ones you have listed above in your hold luggage or buy some in Dubai.

Take your asthma medication in your hand luggage with a copy of the script if you have it. You can buy Ventolin over the counter in Dubai so there is no issue.

Hobart, Australia
1 post
Save Reply
13. Re: Buying medicine at Dubai airport

G,day people much like those b4 me im worried about my medication i am prescribed medical conditions that require Tramadol,celebrex this is all i require i have a doctors letter and my prescriptions i will Carrie with me will i be ok?

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
42,479 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Buying medicine at Dubai airport

It doesn't matter what the medication is or what it is for the advice is the same and is no different for travelling to Dubai than it is for any country.

1. Carry prescribed medication in your hand luggage

2. Take it in the original packaging

3. Take a copy of the prescription

15. Re: Buying medicine at Dubai airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, January 03, 2015