We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Long wait at Dubai airport

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore
Level Contributor
99 posts
163 reviews
Save Topic
Long wait at Dubai airport

I'm leaving the country in a week and my flight is at 5am but by husband is also flying that day but at midnight, we want to go together to the airport to save a trip, but I'm wondering where to wait until I can check my bags, because I don't remember seeing any coffee shops or anything at the departure areas before check in. Thanks!

Workington, United...
Level Contributor
2,360 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Long wait at Dubai airport

im sure there is a coffee shop when you go in the departure hall to the left you will see a shop there is also a money exchange and a police lodge then just round the corner there is a costas coffee shop ..

that's in terminal 3 mind ..

Singapore
Level Contributor
99 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Long wait at Dubai airport

I'm flying out of Terminal 1, otherwise I wouldn't be asking this as it's possible to check in 24hs a day with Emirates.

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
42,066 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Long wait at Dubai airport

In terminal 1 departures there are coffee shops and a MacDonalds up a flight if stairs on level one and before check in security - not sure I would want to spend anymore than 30 minutes there though. They are not well signposted and I think they may actually be for staff but don't know for sure.

Workington, United...
Level Contributor
2,360 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Long wait at Dubai airport

My mistake after you so clearly said which terminal in your 1st post ha ha

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
10,871 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Long wait at Dubai airport

You seriously want to spend several hours in a coffee shop overnight? is there really no alternative?

Horses for courses, I guess. Yes, as above, there are places you can sit.

Singapore
Level Contributor
99 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Long wait at Dubai airport

Any place is bad at that time of the night. Once inside the departure areas I do have lounge access though, the positive side, hehe.

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
10,871 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Long wait at Dubai airport

''Any place is bad at that time of the night.''

Asleep in bed isn't :)

Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
7,048 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Long wait at Dubai airport

You can do your check in 4 hrs before the flight, assuming the counter would have opened (in T3 this is not an issue but your are in T1). So you can get into the departure and dutyfree areas quite early. Maybe use Marhaba Lounge or something.

9. Re: Long wait at Dubai airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, July 17, 2014