We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

why dubai?

Save Topic
why dubai?

Why dubai? I've been hearing more and more about dubai, I was just wondering what is so special about the place. Is it the shopping, beaches, etc? thanks.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
494 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: why dubai?

Why go to any place? It's horses for courses.

For us it's weather, restaurants, shopping, excellent service, dessert safari, and as a bonus, the flight is no further than New York!

uk
Level Contributor
885 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: why dubai?

the flight is a key factor - its so short from the UK. The beaches are great - the service is amazing at the hotels/restaurants and the food available, especially seafood is brilliant. The gold souk is fantastic for deals on jewellery.

Stavanger, Norway
Level Contributor
4,145 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: why dubai?

Hi

My wife and I went there on vacation a couple of years back. I just wanted to go there because of an article I was read in the paper. And I just like to see new and different places...we stayed in Dubai for about a week and we had a nice time there go shopping, going to the beach, looking around town, going on a desert drive etc. I have posted a trip report with pictures on my homepage http://gardkarlsen.com if you are interested in seeing what we did while we were in Dubai :-)

Regards

Gard

toronto
Level Contributor
17 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: why dubai?

its a mix between east and west, so you get to experience something different but still have the comforts of home,

the shopping is cheap, beaches amazing and there is tons to do