We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jumeirah Beach Hotel

Liverpool
Level Contributor
101 posts
Save Topic
Jumeirah Beach Hotel

I haven't stayed at the hotel for a couple of years now but the more reviews I read on here the more overtly busy it sounds. I read that unless you put a towel down very early by the pool you have little chance of getting a bed and the pool is very very busy ? Can anyone tell me if this is correct or over reacting ???

Staffordshire...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
17,113 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jumeirah Beach Hotel

It's been a couple of years since we stayed there too but we didn't have a problem then and I've not heard of any problems grabbing a sunbed since.

Liverpool
Level Contributor
101 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Jumeirah Beach Hotel

Thanks for the reply. I've read a couple of reviews saying the pool area is getting very busy and people are putting towels down before they go for breakfast. Anyone been recently that can enlighten us a bit more ???

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
10,008 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jumeirah Beach Hotel

Basically one should not reserve a sun-chair.

If you cannot find one, just ask one of the pool attendants. They are helpful and know if a chair is really in use or somebody 'just left a towel' on it.

Suffolk, United...
Level Contributor
822 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jumeirah Beach Hotel

We stayed at Madinat a couple of weeks ago and went up to JBH a couple of days and it was packed, however, it was half term week. The situation with sunbeds was the same at Madinat by 9.30am there wasn't a bed without a towel around the main Al Qasr pool with few people on them! There were plenty of free beds on all the beaches including JBH though, again towels down on all the ones closest to the sea. I have to say I was appalled and wasn't expecting this, fine if you have children you want to supervise by the pool but completely unneccessary otherwise and very off-putting.

Liverpool
Level Contributor
101 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Jumeirah Beach Hotel

I will try and steer clear of the children's holiday periods then as don't really want to be putting towels down at 7am. Also don't like packed pools as I like peach and quiet no and again ha

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
45,703 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Jumeirah Beach Hotel

If it's peace and quiet that you want then is Jumeirah Beach hotel the best choice for you ?

Liverpool
Level Contributor
101 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Jumeirah Beach Hotel

Don't know. What hotel preferably on that complex (madinat) would you recommend for s chilled out week long break ?

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
45,703 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Jumeirah Beach Hotel

If I was choosing any of them it would be the Mina a Salam but if I wanted a more tranquil atmosphere then I would choose

One & Only Resort - preferably The Palace but Arabian Court is nice too and if I could afford it the Residence.

or

Ritz Carlton

or possibly

The Westin

and then if I wanted to go to the Madinat - to eat out in the evening or for a mooch round the souk - I would only be a 10 minute cab ride away

Rochdale, Lancashire
Level Contributor
103 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Jumeirah Beach Hotel

We had no issues with sunbeds around the Executive Pool when we visited JBH during February Half Term.

UK
Level Contributor
18 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Jumeirah Beach Hotel

Hi

Just returned last week from a 7 night stay. There is the age old problem of certain people reserving sunbeds (as just about anywhere), however the hotel is addressing it. If you set your towels etc out they place a little card out stating that the beds will be reserved for one hour (they speifiy the times). If you do not return within that time the towels etc can be removed. We never had a problem obtaining a prime spot, however we are early risers and were always by the pool by 8/9 am. If you were later i.e. later morning approaching lunch time you would probably still get a spot but perhaps not quite the 'prime spot' you would like

There were always lots of beds left on the beach, and we tended to spend most of the day by the pool with the last hour or so on the beach before returning to our room. The sea is lukewarm and very salty, but still very refreshing!