We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel between Dubai and Abu Dhabi

Gilroy, California
Level Contributor
1 post
31 reviews
Save Topic
Travel between Dubai and Abu Dhabi

What's the cost of taxi or private ride from Dubai to Abu Dhabi?

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
1,684 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel between Dubai and Abu Dhabi

It will depend on where in Dubai you are getting the taxi from and where you want to go in Abu Dhabi but as a rough guide from airport to airport a RTA taxi would be approx 300 Dhs.

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
10,887 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel between Dubai and Abu Dhabi

It will vary but cost me about 250 dirhams from Dubai Mall to Shangri La Abu Dhabi last time I went.

Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
7,259 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel between Dubai and Abu Dhabi

'Private' arrangements are not legal as per RTA laws, though you may find offers less than estimated cab fare of AED 300

Dhaka City...
10 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel between Dubai and Abu Dhabi

What about Dubai airport to Abu Dhabi Bus service cost?

Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
7,259 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel between Dubai and Abu Dhabi

There is no RTA bus between Dubai airport to AD. EK offers shuttle service a few times during the day.

London, United...
Level Contributor
49 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travel between Dubai and Abu Dhabi

I got a bus from Ibn Battuta, Dubai outside the metro to adu dhabi it cost 20aed. you can get the metro to Ibn Battuta it cost me 4.80 aed from my hotel to get to Ibn Battuta

http://www.rta.ae/wpsv5/wps/portal/rta/home/about/agencies/public-transport/about/inter-emirates-buses/!ut/p/c5/jZDBDoIwDIYfad3oCFdEHEMCRASBC-FAyBIBD8b4-GJMNJlDaY9fv7R_SU3mHtub6turmsb2TEpS2w0Az6LC2Ttb8FgR05Rb8KqZV3YTCT9NYGdT4YcIMkLOxCGkgHSNrXOGb77KNpf7z866kZyeeb-ngs-UkQuN_8pv8hEX_CTeeCD5kVsulcv7Ger3Lf4gDqahI5chz8u7VFKl_QMMzHEn/dl3/d3/L2dBISEvZ0FBIS9nQSEh/?locale.switch=true

Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Travel between Dubai and Abu Dhabi

I found these guys on the web and they were very good;

http://mystiqueluxury.com/

They charged me 350 Dhiram to go from Dubai airport to a private address in Abu Dhabi. They met me at the airport (driver had a sign with my name at the exit) and took me straight to destination, car was new Lexus, driver had good English and was comfortably early for the pick up in AD to go back to airport. You need to pay in cash, but driver will stop at a service plaza with an ATM for you. I will definitely use them again.

Helsinki, Finland
Level Contributor
390 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Travel between Dubai and Abu Dhabi

Hi all,

I'll be travelling to Dubai arriving around 5pm and heading to Abu Dhabi. Emirates runs some kind of bus service, but I'll have just missed it after landing. I don't fancy waiting too long, so which are my option? I have read a taxi would be 300aed. Is that my best / only option?

If so, are all drivers happy to drive to Abu Dhabi or will I have to find a driver separately willing to take me there?

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
43,065 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Travel between Dubai and Abu Dhabi

Your options are

Taxi - just tell the guy at the rank that you want to go to Abu Dhbai

Bus - you will need to get a taxi to Al Ghubiba bus station and then catch the bus to AD. You'll have to see if that fits with your time schedule.

Bus will be much cheaper but take much longer

Helsinki, Finland
Level Contributor
390 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Travel between Dubai and Abu Dhabi

OK, perhaps after a reasonably long flight I could opt for a taxi and take the bus back as I'm going into town anyway. Thanks for the prompt reply!