We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cannot get an Ocean View at the Al Qasr

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Channel Islands
Level Contributor
76 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Cannot get an Ocean View at the Al Qasr

Have just booked for nine days at the Al Qasr in Sept and unfortunately am unable to get an ocean view room as the agent's allocation has already been taken. We are now in a deluxe room. Rather disappointed by this. Can anyone advise which room we should aim for and also advise whether we are going to be facing the road!!!!!!! Not looking forward to it quite so much if we are unable to have an ocean view room (although this is on wait list). Any help would be appreciated. Also we would like to visit the Burj al Arab. I have looked at their website and looked at the restaurants but cannot find anything which would give us the cost of dinner in the various restaurants. Anyone have any idea of how much it cost to eat there recently and which restaurant you would recommend, if so how far in advance should we pre-book. I have made enquiries about going for the drinks package there and I think that works out the equivalent of £32.00 per person minimum. How many drinks would that be for!!!!!!!

London, United...
Level Contributor
6,130 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cannot get an Ocean View at the Al Qasr

We had 3 drinks each for the Burj drinks package - its 2 if you go for the champagne cocktails.

Level Contributor
6,927 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cannot get an Ocean View at the Al Qasr

The road if any of the rooms overlook it is a long way from the hotel, i would imagine you will get a waterways view, which is stunning at night, I wouldnt be fed up you will still have a great time. Alternatively what about changing to the Mina or the Dar Al Masaf there was very little difference in price when i went last year and for this xmas.

Bear in mind in Sept it will be very hot and probably to hot to sit out on the balcony (seriously), at night it is very sweaty.

Send them an email and say it your anniversary or something and request the best room view, you never know, also push it at check in.

the seafood rest at the Burj is very expensive /overpriced and probably a lot better elsewhere, the drinks even water shoot the bill up.

Go for drinks/high tea and enjoy the atsmosphere.

i ate at the rooftop rest for my birthday and whilst it was nice i wouldnt go back it was a funny menu somesorts of tecticles if i remember right, on it i think from memory we had a pie of sorts and fish and chips and for 225 pounds i still flinch.- Two courses only, couldnt afford dessert.

The wine was about 50 pound for a average german bottle. A fiver out of sainsbury

We were sat at the next table to Darius off x factor and that was the hight light of most of the english diners in there.

Spend your money wisely at better resturants ,as mentioned here on this site.

3. Re: Cannot get an Ocean View at the Al Qasr

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:05 am, June 07, 2006
Level Contributor
6,927 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cannot get an Ocean View at the Al Qasr

ER

Im telling you they were on the menu i didnt beleive my husband so i asked the waiter and he confirmed it, i they were animal ones.

I nearly had them pre this because the way it was described sounded nice.

I fainted eating haggis , id have been in a coma had i have eaten them.

Im sure i had fish and chips.

The wine I was so gob smacked at the price and embarrassed not to order so we went for one of the cheaper ones and the waiter kept pushing one at 200 plus.

We decided to have the cheaper bottle as it was cheaper than seperate drinks.

i work with someone who spent 850 pound for four at the seafood resturant, thats a holiday.

Level Contributor
6,927 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cannot get an Ocean View at the Al Qasr

will email tommorow.

6. Re: Cannot get an Ocean View at the Al Qasr

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:05 am, June 07, 2006
Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
42,066 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cannot get an Ocean View at the Al Qasr

Meals and the Burj in general are sooooo overpriced. IMHO it's nicer from the outside than it is on the inside. I visited just after it opened doing the 'I've been to the Burj thing' but I've never been tempted to go back.

There are so many nicer and cheaper places to eat and drink

8. Re: Cannot get an Ocean View at the Al Qasr

Removed on: 7:08 am, June 07, 2006
Dubai, UAE
Level Contributor
4,084 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Cannot get an Ocean View at the Al Qasr

Carmart, book tea, try to get the latest booking you can - ask for the Skyview Bar. That opens at 7 pm and then just stay for drinks so you get the best of both worlds. I haven't eaten at the seafood restaurant, but have been told it's overpriced. If you like seafood, there are far superior restaurants in Dubai, which will cost you far less.

Ladies, chickens' bits are a bit of a delicacy in the Middle Est. We had them in Tel Aviv! So, it's not just this part of the ME, but all over!!!

Wirral, United...
Level Contributor
147 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cannot get an Ocean View at the Al Qasr

I did afternoon tea at the Burj last week and it was fab. 600 UAD for 2 champagne teas which was half a bottle of fiz, tiny s/w's, scones, fancy cakes and chocs. It's way overpriced and overated BUT it was fab and though I wouldn't go back I think it needed to be done.

I tried to book the skyview for afternoon tea but it was full and we were advised to book that at least 6 weeks in advance but we had the lobby lounge which is on the 2nd floor and is much nicer then what it sounds. The view is good from there so I can only imagine what it would have been like in the skyview...

If your doing the Burj, book now. We nearly missed out which would have been a real shame.