We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

car hire price and safety

essex
Level Contributor
78 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
car hire price and safety

how safe is it to drive around dubai ie drive to abu dhabi for the day and maybe further afield (personal safety) and any idea on costs of car hire have tried the search but would prefer a more uptodate reply many thanks

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
43,969 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: car hire price and safety

We would never recommend hiring a car because, whilst you may be a very safe driver, all the other drivers in Dubai are so mental.

Seriously it's like wacky races, with absolutely no regard for other road users or traffic signals.

Dubai, UAE
Level Contributor
4,084 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: car hire price and safety

Glen, suggest you get here and take in the standards of driving and then make your decision. If you decide to go ahead (which I would strongly recommend you don't!) then all the majors Avis, Hertz, etc. are here. Don't go with any companies you don't know the names of. I would suggest that you ask your hotel how much it would cost you to hire a car and driver for the day. This will include your gas and insurance and, to a degree, your personal safety and that of your family. Plus, there is a strong possibility that they would know where they are going - our road maps change every single day.

essex
Level Contributor
78 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: car hire price and safety

many thanks for your replys i will give it some thought

Duabi
Level Contributor
11 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: car hire price and safety

Hi Glenlee,

like all have said it is not recommended to rent a car in Dubai cause of the way people drive here but u could get ur hotel reception to rent one for u starting from 25$ a day. I recommend to uses taxis they are very cheap over here :)

Regards

5. Re: car hire price and safety

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:18 am, August 16, 2009