We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ladies swimming attire

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Topic
ladies swimming attire

hi,people have mentioned that whilst on holiday they wore traditional asian clothes (shelwar kameez) whilst swimming,as far as i'm aware that would be agaiinst regulations in most hotels etc..if it would be permissable then it would save me buying a burkini of some sort..could anyone give any info? will be staying at the lotus hotel deira

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
10,861 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ladies swimming attire

I've never seen anybody swimming in a shalwar kameez in a Dubai hotel - or any hotel anywhere for that matter, only in the sea. I think you're right and it would not be allowed in most but not sure about that particular hotel.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
643 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ladies swimming attire

Never seen it anywhere...

Workington, United...
Level Contributor
2,360 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ladies swimming attire

At the Radisson Blu on the creek we seen ladies in these kind of costumes mainly at weekends,

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
10,861 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ladies swimming attire

In burkinis or in everyday clothes like shalwar kameez?

Workington, United...
Level Contributor
2,360 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ladies swimming attire

The ladies were in the burkinis and so were some young girls the small girls were in t.shirts and long shorts ..

tyne and wear
Level Contributor
994 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: ladies swimming attire

I've seen a lady in a birkini , she looked fab as well , that was at the zabeel saray hotel on the palm

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
1,162 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: ladies swimming attire

Think I could wear this?

swimsuitsforall.com/…

Hopefully pool staff at The Address wouldn't mind- it's fairly modest, and even at Wild Wadi, it's likely to stay put.

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
10,861 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: ladies swimming attire

Is it swimwear? you know what a burkini looks like, you know what a shalwar kameez looks like so I think you can work out if you can wear it. The staff at the Address are no different to the staff anywhere else.

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
41,682 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: ladies swimming attire

You can wear a bikini, a swimsuit, or a burkini at the Address Downtown - you can even wear what you have posted if you want.

The Address Downtown is a very cosmopolitan hotel and the staff won't make comment on anything except topless sunbathing

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
1,162 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: ladies swimming attire

Or thongs, ugh. I bet those wouldn't fly either. And I hadn't heard of a burkini until recently, I'll have to look it up. Nice to know I can wear what I want:)