We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dress Code

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
kent
Level Contributor
70 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Dress Code

Please advise dress code for men dining in hotels in Abu Dhabi.

we will be staying at the Hilton hotel any tips please or advice.

many thanks

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
42,140 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dress Code

Depends on two things

Which meal and which restuarant.

Liam is our resident Abu Dhabi expert and you may reach him quicker if you use the AD forum.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
17 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dress Code

Dress code in the UAE is generally relaxed, no issues anywhere, smart casual is just fine

Abu Dhabi
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Dress Code

No matter which restaurant, or what time of day - no shorts or vests please! Not that it necessarily upsets the locals, but I hate to eat seeing loads of bare skin!! I think that this should be the policy all round the world! (Well maybe shorts at breakfast, but definitley no vests!)

As Slox says, smart casual is fine. You will earn far more respect from both locals and expats if you dress appropriately wherever you are - well, you can let your hair down on the beach!

London, United...
Level Contributor
6,134 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dress Code

Nothing wrong with seeing loads of bare skin on the right sort of man Adjax. Brad Pitt lookalikes especially.

London, United...
Level Contributor
6,134 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dress Code

That would be in UK of course not Abu Dabi.

Prickwillow
Level Contributor
152 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Dress Code

Not that you'd ever get the chance to see it anyway, anywhere.

London, United...
Level Contributor
6,134 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dress Code

I have my own Brad Pitt at home thank you but no harm in a bit of window shopping. You ve obviously left London Kaliper -back to swanning around all day not doing any work.

Dubai
13 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Dress Code

The dress code is: IF you are not a LOCAL don't try to wear a LOCAL DRESS.

9. Re: Dress Code

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:19 pm, August 15, 2009