We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time in Dubai - best place to stay?

Ireland
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Topic
First time in Dubai - best place to stay?

Going to Dubai in November and would appreciate any views on the best place to stay, particularly due to the comments about construction work on some hotel sites. Is it OK to stay in the Jumeirah beach area if we are careful about the room we request?

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
45,703 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time in Dubai - best place to stay?

Which bit of the Jumeirah Beach area ? It's huge. If you mean the JBH hotel then there's very little construction near there in comparison to other places along that road.

Choosing the best place to stay is up to you. We don't know your likes and dislikes or your budget. Why don't you check out the list of hotels on the left of this page

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

and when you've found one you like, read the reviews. Then you can come back with more specific questions concerning a particular hotel and we'll be more help than a helpful thing, from a helpful town with a cherry on top.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
297 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First time in Dubai - best place to stay?

Al Qasr the tops !!

Mina a Salam Good.

Jumeirah Beach Quite Good.

Burj al arab very good.

All these hotel have no construction near them whatsoever.

We went last year to the Al Qasr and its amazing, also went in November and it was smashing.

Hope you have a great time.

New Zealand
Level Contributor
9,449 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First time in Dubai - best place to stay?

.....unless you want to include constructuion of the road in there!

Dubai, UAE
Level Contributor
4,084 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: First time in Dubai - best place to stay?

Do you have children - do you want a beach or city hotel? What kind of budget are you on? Do you want b&b, half board, full board? The list goes on and on and on and on....

Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
267 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First time in Dubai - best place to stay?

Burj Al Arab nothing comes close. Stayed ther 2 years ago.

harlow, uk
Level Contributor
415 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First time in Dubai - best place to stay?

douglaman....yes thats fine if you are a lottery winner or don t have any sort of budget to be working to.......but for us normal people the Burj is probably out of reach!!!!!!!!!!!!

I stayed at the Grosvenor House and loved it.........best of both worlds with teh facilities at LRM.......but not everyones bag.......i got a good free HB deal and extra night free.............but there is construction work going on...............not that it affected us in any form

London, United...
Level Contributor
690 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: First time in Dubai - best place to stay?

But she did ask for the best hotel!!! I knew someone would name the most expensive place#!! ha

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
297 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: First time in Dubai - best place to stay?

If you are in a couple one of the loveliest and Im afraid quite expenive (though not too bad) is the Al Maha in the desert.

Its really beautiful and all rooms have their own plunge pool.

You could split a few days by the beach and a few days in the desert.

I will beg to differ on the Burj being the best.

We loved the Al Qasr, unbelievable and nowhere near as gaudy as the Burj.

Hope you have a great time.

Ireland
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: First time in Dubai - best place to stay?

Thanks for all your advice. OK, I should have been more specific, rather than expect you to guess what I'm looking for! I'm going for 8 nights with my sister for a combination of relaxation/sightseeing/shopping and would prefer to stay in a beach location. We are prepared to pay for what we get, but everybody loves a good deal.

My concern was mainly which area/s or hotels to avoid because of the construction work and warnings I'd seen on some sites.

Will now look more closely at your recommended hotels!

10. Re: First time in Dubai - best place to stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:18 pm, August 14, 2009