We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

8 hours stop over n dubai

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Leicester, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
8 hours stop over n dubai

i am arriving in Dubai at 7:50 am and living Dubai at 1500 please help i would like to go out rather than staying inside for 8 hours

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
42,115 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 8 hours stop over n dubai

Do you hold a UK Passport - if si you can get visa on arrival and leave the airport.

Take the metro or a cab to see some of the city.

You will need to be back at the airport for 1pm if your flight is at 3pm

Edited: 7:48 am, March 31, 2013
Leicester, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 8 hours stop over n dubai

thank u i hold British passport do i deed a visa

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
151 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 8 hours stop over n dubai

yes you need a visa which is on arrival, you practically have only 3 hrs to 4 hrs available for you to spend, near the airport you wont find any sight seeing places, you can visit the burj khalifa and dubai mall and return back, the place is huge enough to consume 3 to 4 hrs of your time, i am not sure the time at which dubai mall opens, but most of the malls open between 10 and 10.30 am!

best of luck and have a nice journey

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
42,115 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 8 hours stop over n dubai

Yes you need a visa but as you have a UK passport it will be stamped automatically in your passport at immigration

5. Re: 8 hours stop over n dubai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, April 04, 2014