We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay??

Maidstone, England...
Level Contributor
20 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay??

We have three nights in Dubai on the way back from Australia in the beginning of May. We've had a look at hotels and found a few that look good but I'm not sure where is best to stay - city, marina, beach?? Any advice gratefully received! We would probably want to do a morning/ afternoon at a beach but mostly just explore rather than sit on beach or by pool. Is it easy to get around?

Thanks in advance :)

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
43,999 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay??

If you want to explore then stay in the city - hotels are cheaper there than they are at the beach and it's closer to the airport too.

I'd look at the new downtown area - not sure of your budget so here are a few suggestions in different price ranges from high to mid range

Address Downtown

Palace at the Old Town

Address Dubai Mall

Al Murooj Rotana

Al Manzil

Rose Rayhaan

Towers Rotana

Four Points Sheraton - Sheikh Zayed Road

all of these are central and the city is easy to travel around by metro or cab

Edited: 7:41 pm, March 21, 2013
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Level Contributor
26 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay??

last october i stayed at the palace old town in downtown dubai you can walk from the hotel to dubai mall just for 5 min !

Maidstone, England...
Level Contributor
20 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay??

Thanks! Will check out those hotels :)

Muscat Governorate...
Destination Expert
for Muscat Governorate, Oman
Level Contributor
662 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay??

I would say, look for a decent city hotel next to a Metro station. This way you have more options to travel.

5. Re: Where to stay??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, March 25, 2014