We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dubai accommodation

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
394 posts
215 reviews
Save Topic
Dubai accommodation

I am getting really confused and have no idea where I am going with this trip. We will be flying into Dubai with Emirates Air early Sept. for 2 nights on the way to Europe and one night on the way back to Sydney. I planned to book using their stop over deals and have been looking at the hotels they offer. I just can't get my head around the various areas so have no idea where to stay. My husband and I are in our mid 60's and love to shop--not high end but just walk and look. Malls, markets sites etc. Love eating at little cafe's and looking at things as we walk around. CAn someone here give me some idea on an area to look at for hotels? Would prefer to keep the cost $175Aud per night or under if possible. Any help on to area would be so much appreciated.

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
43,170 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dubai accommodation

Hi

Look at Bur Dubai, particularly the area around Bastakiah and the creek. Hotels here include

Arabian Courtyard

Park Regis Krin Kin

Winchester Deluxe

etc

Or look at Al Barsha

Holiday Inn

Centro Brasha

Corp Exec

or look at Shiekh Zayed Road

Four Points Sheraton

Towers Rotana

Rose Rayhaan

Dusit Thani

Dubai has an efficient metro service that travels along the main route through the city and most malls are close to a stop.

Here's a map

bigbustours.com/UploadedFiles/BB_Dubai_Map_J…

It's not to scale because it's been squashed to fit on one page so distances are further than they appear. Most areas I have mentioned are marked on it and Sheikh Zayed Road is the thick white line through the centre - the metro stations appear as little gold blobs.

The creekside area is where all the souks and heritage sites can be found.

Hope that helps

Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
7,265 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dubai accommodation

Early Sept will be very hot and humid, please keep that in mind.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
394 posts
215 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dubai accommodation

Thank you very much for your replies. This will be a big help in helping to choose what area to stay in. Every map I looked up only had one area or another, I never thought about looking for a tour bus map. Brilliant.

Yes I am aware it will be hot and humid in Sept but unfortunately that was our time frame and we'll have to work with it. Humidity and I don't get along but it's only for 2 days at the beginning and 1 day on our way home so I'll cope.

4. Re: Dubai accommodation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, March 12, 2014