We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

British Passport/VISA question

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hampshire, England
Level Contributor
104 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
British Passport/VISA question

We are travelling as a family to Dubai in September and all of our British passports have at least six months validity left on them when we travel. Do we need VISAS or is it like Turkey where you pay a fee (£10) per person VISA on arrival in the country? A friend told me you had to pay to get into the UAE but I wasn't aware of this. Thank you.

Dubai
Level Contributor
2,328 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: British Passport/VISA question

Your friend is wrong; the UAE is like Turkey with one exception ITS FREE. So just turn up with your valid BP and 6 months validity and you will get a visa on arrival;

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
10,877 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: British Passport/VISA question

Free visa on arrival for you. No forms to fill in or anything like that, just queue up at passport control and it's stamped in your passport.

Manchester
Level Contributor
1 post
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: British Passport/VISA question

I Have travelled Dubai number of times and it does not cost anything, any advice needed pm me, whilst am on this does any one how the following:

I travel to Dubai in sept 13

and my passport expires feb 14

and dubai normally stamp 30days stay...do i need to renew it?? or should i be ok?

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
42,452 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: British Passport/VISA question

If in doubt renew it.

You will get credit on your new passport for the unexpired months so is it worth the hassle and potential risk of being turned away - just renew your passport.

Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
7,184 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: British Passport/VISA question

Romi24 - better renew your passport to avoid any hassles.

Interesting to see Britain gives credit to unexpired months, sadly some of the other countries do not follow this.

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
10,877 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: British Passport/VISA question

Vasu is correct, if you renew a UK passport while it still has some validity on it you will get extra time added, up to a maximum of nine months. For example, if your passport has 5 months left when you renew it you will get a passport which expires 10 years and 5 months after the issue. However, if you renew when you have, say, 5 years left you'll get 10 years and 9 months.

London, United...
Level Contributor
137 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: British Passport/VISA question

UK passport holders which state you are a British Citizen will get a free visa for 30 days all at all ports and airports in the UAE, included Dubai.

Passport should be valid 6 months.

Dubai, United Arab...
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: British Passport/VISA question

Does anyone know how much it costs to extend your visa for extra 30 days ? I have already been in Dubai for 25 days and need to be here for 25 more . - this is on a British passport . Should I just do a border run ? Thanks .

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
42,452 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: British Passport/VISA question

You could phone or visit Dubai Immigration and they will tell you what to do.

This is a previous topic on the same subject

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g295424-i872-k61…

London, United...
Level Contributor
137 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: British Passport/VISA question

If you go Dubai immgration you have pay a total for 650 AED or 177 USD. If do the visa run - you can take a bus to oman which is 6 hours - best find out bus from Dubai to Oman - bus ticket cost around 100 AED 27 USD - Oman visa cost 200 AED - 55 USD

You can catch bus near the DANTA building in Dubai, next restaurant - you will Omani bus.

I wish you all the best.