We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Currency & Weather

London
Level Contributor
289 posts
Save Topic
Currency & Weather

Hi does anyone know if it is easier to change up money before we go or when we get there? We are going to RAK on the 27 April for 2 weeks...what will the weather be like? Will it be cold in the evening? We are staying at the Hilton Ras on a all inclusive basis. Would it be worth upgrading to the platinum package which apparently means you can use all of the resturants? Would it be cheaper to upgrade to the platinum when we arrrive rather than through Virgin? Also if we decided to upgrade the room? Thank you so much for your help as I know it is a lot of questions! It is our first time there!

Dubai
Level Contributor
2,334 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Currency & Weather

Change money when you are here it easy and you get a better rate. Will it be cold in the evening is hard to answer as I do not know you. The temperatures will be getting warmer and I would expect in the evening late April it could be in the low 20's celsius, warm for me but cold for my wife, as she is really only happy when it is 30's and upwards

I think generally for an UK resident you will find it warm enough in the evening

Do not know whether it is worth upgrading as again that is a very subjective question and answer as it depends on what and how much you like to eat. When we go away we never go all inclusive because we do not drink wines and spirits nor do we eat large portions.

London
Level Contributor
289 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Currency & Weather

Thank you for your reply. I always feel the cold though my boyfriend doesn't. I will probably take a few cardigans!

Thank you again

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
44,664 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Currency & Weather

If you need cardigans it will be for indoors not outdoors - they have the air con up high and outside at the end of April you will not need a cardigan.

If you want to upgrade the room then do so now and don't wait till you get there - there's no guarantee that they will have an upgraded room free if you wait till you get there.

4. Re: Currency & Weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, March 03, 2014