We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rent a car and a driver for 10 days in May

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wavre, Belgium
Level Contributor
5 posts
178 reviews
Save Topic
Rent a car and a driver for 10 days in May

Hi folks,

I'd like to rent a car with a driver for 10 days in Dubai in May.

It would be for multiple drives a day from Palm Jumeirah to anywhere in Dubai.

Has anyone a suggestion to make?

So far the price quote for a 7 seater is 150$/ day... I think it's a lot of money when you know the salary of the driver...

Thanks forward for your help.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
643 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rent a car and a driver for 10 days in May

I think it sounds reasonable. Renting a 7 seater would usually cost around $110 a day, so once you factor in fuel costs and the driver's salary - $150 seems pretty reasonable.

If you were to book a regular taxi for 6 hours, it would cost you 300 AED or 500 AED for 12 hours. But this isn't for a 7 seater.

Looks like you have a good deal. Although, it really isn't too hard to find a taxi in Dubai (or call ahead to request one) and it would be much cheaper.

Of course, you could always look at Dubizzle... but then you can't guarantee the quality of the service you'll be getting.

Edited: 2:51 am, February 25, 2013
Wavre, Belgium
Level Contributor
5 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rent a car and a driver for 10 days in May

Dear Gentle Traveler I,

Thank you for your answer.

The thing is we're only 4... so there is no need for a 7 seater ;-)

I think we'll use taxi but if I'd find a car with driver for a reasonable price, it'd be more convenient.

3. Re: Rent a car and a driver for 10 days in May

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, February 27, 2014