We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day Itinerary

Boston...
Level Contributor
294 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Day Itinerary

Hi -

I'm in Dubai for another week or so but I am planning the following for tomorrow...I just wanted to see if this was feasible:

7 AM - We have tickets to the Burj Khalifa

10 AM - Dubai Mall (Aquarium, Kinokuniya (to see the lakes?))

12PM - Lunch (Any recommendations?)

I want to fit the Souks and the Mosque in as well...Is it feasible to do in one day?

Thanks!

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
44,021 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day Itinerary

The entrance to Burj Khalifa is in Dubai mall so you will be in the mall when you come out. Most of the shops don't open till 10am but the cafes etc are open earlier so you could have breakfast whilst you wait. You can view the Aquarium from the viewing panel without having to pay to go in.

Not sure about lakes in Kinokuniya - it's a bookstore but this is Dubai so there may be lakes in there ?

Lunch - ditto as for breakfast there are so many places with something for every budget and taste, however, I'd finish off in Dubai Mall and then head to the textile souk in Bur Dubai by cab to have lunch at Bait al Wakheel with a view of the creek.

Then take an abra across to the gold and spice souks before an abra back to the Bur Dubai side and a cab to Jumeirah Mosque for photos

Perfectly possible to fit it all into one day, especially as everything is open till 10pm (except the mosque of course, which is closed to non muslims unless you go on an organised morning tour)

Boston...
Level Contributor
294 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day Itinerary

Just finished the observatory...took less time than expected! If we don't go to the mosque now, we cannot get in? When would you it the mosque in?

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
44,021 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day Itinerary

You can go to the mosque at any time for photos from outside.

To go on a tour then you need to be there at 9.45 for the 10 am tour which happens on every day except Friday

www.cultures.ae/jumeirah_mosque_visit.php

4. Re: Day Itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, February 18, 2014