We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taking children (toddler) to Karama

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
south yorkshire
Level Contributor
193 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Taking children (toddler) to Karama

Bit of a strange one but I just wondered what peoples opinions were on taking children to Karama?

We are planning on going during our upcoming trip and taking our almost 2 year old daughter. I would say she would sit in her pram or be carried if she had a supply or raisins or snacks! That is not my concern though I am undecided wheher it is suitable for children going in and out of all the secret doors etc! We have been before in 2009 before our daughter was born. For this trip, when we first discussed it I said my husband could go with his friend whose apartment we are staying in and I would stay round the apartment's pool with our daughter.

Now I'm slowly coming round to the idea.

If anyone has been wih children I would be grateful for your opinion. I must admit I was a little scared at first when we went a few years ago then I got into it and found it fun, but I suppose your prespective changes when you have children to be a lot more wary, well mine has anyway!

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
42,066 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taking children (toddler) to Karama

We took our son but he stayed in his buggy with his dad whilst I went in and out of the secret doors etc

This was more for speed and convenience rather than a fear of safety, although I guess he was safer in his buggy than he would have been running up and down narrow staircases and past shelf after shelf of bags etc

London, United...
Level Contributor
52 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taking children (toddler) to Karama

We took our 9 month old to Karama and we took him with us although being first timers we were not sure what Karama was all about so only went to one secret door which was actually a room in an office block so not scary at all. We are going back in April and I would have no hesitation in taking him with me.

south yorkshire
Level Contributor
193 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taking children (toddler) to Karama

Thanks for your replies.

I think it will be ok to take her. We aren't going into the unexpected so I guess it'll be fine. I could never imagine going there on my own as a female either but I remember seeing female ex pats there on their own, so it must be safe.

Think we'll go for it...don't think I could trust my husband to bring my shopping list back!

hants
Level Contributor
1,977 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Taking children (toddler) to Karama

I have been going there on my own with my son since he was about 8 never felt unsafe.